Friday, June 2, 2017

Baked Creole Salmon w/ Mustard Greens and Baby Red Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Baked Creole Salmon w/ Mustard Greens and Baby Red Potatoes







For Breakfast I had a bowl of Cheerios and the morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea, Outside another nice day, 83 degrees, mostly sunny, but a bit more humid. Right after Breakfast I headed to Meijer, needed quite a few items. Back at home I took Mom's Car up and had it washed and then took my car up and had it washed. Next stopped by the post office and mailed some letters and on the ATM and stopped and got gas. Nice day out today. For Dinner tonight something new, Baked Creole Salmon w/ Mustard Greens and Baby Red Potatoes.








Seen these dishes being made on the new Gordon Ramsay show, the "F" Word. These looked so good I had to try them. My recipes aren't exact as the originals but both turned out delicious! So here's my version of Creole Salmon w/ Mustard Greens and Baby Red Potatoes. 











I had stopped by Meijer yesterday to pick up the ingredients for my Dinner tonight. I'm using a North Atlantic
Salmon Fillet. I had purchased a 1/2 of a huge fillet that I cut into 4 smaller fillets. I froze 3 and kept one out for my Dinner tonight. To make the Salmon I'll need; 1 Salmon Fillet, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, Zatarain's Creole Seasoning, and Dried Thyme.To prepare it; I first preheated the oven to 400 degrees. Next I got a small baking pan and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray. I seasoned the Salmon Fillet with the Thyme, Sea Salt and Creole Seasoning. I put the Fillet in the pan; skin side down. Baked it for 13 minutes; until done and fork flaky. The Salmon came out perfect! Done just right with excellent seasoning.









Now for the Mustard Greens and Baby Red Potatoes. I'll need the following;Baby Red Potatoes, Mustard Greens (1 bunch), 1 Clove Garlic (minced), Lemon Juice, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, Extra Light Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and Parsley (chopped). 











I'll be using Baby Red Potatoes and 1 bunch of Mustard Greens. I filled a large pot 1/2 way with water, salted it,
and brought it to a boil. Added the Potatoes, reduced the heat and until almost tender. Drained the water and laid the Potatoes on the cutting board. I then used the bottom of a coffee cup and lightly smashed the Potatoes. Next I grabbed a large skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added the Potatoes. After 3 minutes I added a 1//2 Clove Garlic. In another 2 minutes I added a pat of Blue Bonnet Light Butter, to brown the Potatoes, and seasoned with McCormick Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. 







As the Butter was melted I washed my Mustard Greens and patted dry with a paper towel. I then added the
Mustard Greens to the skillet. I cooked until it was wilted and tender. Be careful not overcook the Greens. Removed everything to a bowl; seasoned it with a splash of Lemon and chopped Parsley. This makes one nice side dish! I love Potatoes anyway but this is really a great way to prepare the Potatoes and the Mustard Greens, This is the first time I've had Mustard Greens in a very long time. The Greens came out tender and worked perfectly with the Red Potatoes. Along with the Salmon this turned out to be one delicious Dinner! For Dessert later a Dole No Sugar Added Diced Peach Cup.













Salmon /ˈsæmən/ is the common name for several species of fish in the family Salmonidae. Other fish in the same family include trout, char, grayling and whitefish. Salmon are native to tributaries of the North Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. Wikipedia






No comments:

Post a Comment