Friday, June 16, 2017

Cast Iron Skillet Marinated Chicken Breasts w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked...

Dinner Tonight: Cast Iron Skillet Marinated Chicken Breasts w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked French Bread






For Breakfast this morning I had a bowl of Kroger Brand Bran Flakes. Also had my morning cup of
Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Had a another heavy rain overnight but it cleared up by mid morning. Had a high of 91 degrees and partly sunny. After Breakfast I got the cart out and I had to put new rear caster tires on my Hoveround. It took a while but I got it done. Then while I had the Hoveround outside I cleaned it up, which it needed. Done for the day. Later I went down and picked up the mail and stopped by the lake for a bit. For Dinner tonight Cast Iron Skillet Marinated Chicken Breasts w/ Mashed Potatoes, Peppered White Gravy,  Green Beans, and Baked French Bread. I'm looking forward to this Dinner!



To prepare this - I had a package of Simple Truth Chicken Breasts, 3 Breasts, in the freezer so I laid it in the fridge to thaw on Wednesday night. I Marinated the Chicken Breasts in Buttermilk overnight Thursday. To make the Chicken I'll be frying it in a Cast Iron Skillet, using 3 Chicken Breasts, and Extra Light Olive Oil. For seasoning the Chicken I'm using; Flour, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Thyme, and Smoked Paprika








To prepare it; In a large bowl (or freezer bags) add the chicken with only 1/2 quart of the buttermilk.
Refrigerate overnight. When ready to fry, remove chicken from bowl and let sit on counter for 30 minutes to take chill off. Combine the Flour and Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Thyme, and Smoked Paprika in a large resealable plastic bag. Drain chicken pieces and shake of the remaining Buttermilk; add to flour mixture, one at a time, and shake to coat. Shake off excess; let stand on waxed paper for 15 minutes before frying.







Heat a 1/4 in. of oil in Cast Iron Skillet; fry chicken until browned on all sides. Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until juices run clear and chicken is tender. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Remove chicken; drain on paper towels and serve! The Chicken Breasts came out incredible, moist and excellent seasoning. The Buttermilk marinade works so good with Chicken.









I prepared some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6 minutes and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better. Next I made a packet of the Pioneer Peppered White Gravy to top the Mashed Potatoes.











Then I heated up a large can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan and heat until heated through. I also baked a loaf of Kroger Bakery French Bread, One delicious meal tonight, Mom and Dad loved it!















During the day today I baked 5 Mini Chocolate Cakes. I made them using Pillsbury Sugarless Devils Food Cake Mix and Iced it with Pillsbury Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Icing. So for Dessert then it's a slice of the Chocolate Cake, first bite of a Cake I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment