Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Baked Rigatoni with Turkey w/ Baked Multi Grain Loaf Bread

Dinner Tonight: Baked Rigatoni with Turkey w/ Baked Multi Grain Loaf Bread






For my Breakfast this morning I prepared a 2 Egg Scrambled Eggs, that I topped with Sargento
Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Ortega Smoky Chipotle Taco Sauce. I also toasted a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, lightly buttered with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. And as every morning a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside its partly cloudy with a high around 85 degrees and a bit more humid. After Breakfast I went to the Post Office for Mom, picked up a prescription at Kroger, and stopped by the bank ATM machine. Back home not a lot going on today. After a light Lunch I headed out to Meijer Lawn and Garden. looking for some solar lights for the yard. For Dinner tonight a new recipe, Baked Rigatoni with Turkey w/ Baked Multi Grain Loaf Bread.


This 1 of 2 Pillsbury based recipes that I'm trying this week. The Baked Rigatoni with Turkey that I'm
preparing was orginaly made with Ground Beef but as I do with a lot of recipes I put my little spin on them. To make the dish I'll need; 2 1/2 cups uncooked Rigatoni Pasta (about 7 oz) - I used Racconto Rigatoni, 1 lb Jennie - O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, 1 jar (23.9 oz) Ragu Mushroom Sauce, 1 1/2 cups Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (6 oz), 1/4 cup Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese, and Dried Basil Leaves.






Then to prepare it; I started by preheating the oven to 350°F. Next spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass
baking dish with Pam Cooking Spray. Cook and drain the Pasta as directed on package, using the minimum cooking time. Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook the Jenni - O Turkey over medium-high heat about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.










In baking dish, stir together cooked Pasta, Turkey, Sauce and 1 cup of the Mozzarella Cheese.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese and the Parmesan Cheese. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish with the Basil and serve! I have another one of those "keeper recipes", it turned out great! Rigatoni is incredible all by itself, but add in the Turkey, Sauce, and Cheese and you have a winning dish. I always substitute Beef with Jennie - O Turkey or Wild Idea Buffalo. Ground Buffalo would go great with also. I've left the original Pillsbury recipe and web link at the end of the post.






To go with Pasta I baked a loaf of the La Brea Bakery Multi Grain Loaf Bread. For Dessert/Snack later tonight a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple.















Baked Rigatoni with Turkey

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups uncooked Rigatoni Pasta (about 7 oz), I used Racconto Rigatoni
1 lb Jennie - O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
1 jar (23.9 oz) Ragu Mushroom Sauce
1 1/2 cups Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (6 oz)
1/4 cup Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese
Dried Basil Leaves, if desired

Steps

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain Pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
2 Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook Turkey over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
3 In baking dish, stir together cooked Pasta, Turkey, Sauce and 1 cup of the Mozzarella Cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese and the Parmesan Cheese.
4 Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish with basil.

Nutritional Information

Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 270
Total Fat 8g0%
Saturated Fat 3 1/2g0%
Sodium 440mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 27g0%
Dietary Fiber 4g0%
Protein 22g


No comments:

Post a Comment