Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwursts

Dinner Tonight: Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwursts





To start the 28th day of June off I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and topped it
with Smucker's Sugarless Blackberry Jam. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. We had to have dad at the Doctor's office at 10:00 this morning for a checkup. The Doc said he was doing okay nothing new. But he did tell us that lungs are getting weaker every visit though. Not much anyone can do. Outside it's a bit more humid, windier, and 83 degrees. I went to Kroger for Mom to pick up a prescription for Dad and stopped by the bank for her. A pretty simple Dinner tonight, I prepared a couple of Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwursts.




I  had purchased a couple packages of the Bluegrass Lean Mettwurst while at Jungle Jim’s Market. I had kept one package out that I had been having for Lunch and froze the remaining package. Which I had laid in the fridge overnight to thaw.










To prepare them I used a medium size skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and added the
Metts. I then added water to the pan, just enough water to cover about a 1/4 of Mett. Turned the heat on medium and covered the pan. I turned the Metts frequently to get a nice even cook on them. When the water had boiled down I cooked them an extra 3 minutes to brown them. They turned out fantastic, nice and meaty! I served them on Aunt Millie's  Whole Grain Hot Dog Buns topped with French’s Spicy Brown Mustard. A couple of Metts was plenty for Dinner tonight. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn.








Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwurst

* 65% Less Fat
* 42% Fewer Calories
* 25% Less Sodium
*No MSG
* Gluten Free

Deliciously Lean Mettwurst
This Mettwurst is targeted at the consumer that is
into a healthier lifestyle. It is skinless and fully
cooked.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 link (66g)
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Sat. Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 590mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 2g
Protein 9g

No comments:

Post a Comment