Friday, December 16, 2016

Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham and Swiss Grilled Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham and Swiss Grilled Sandwich w/ Baked Fries




For Breakfast this morning I Poached an Egg and served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain English
Muffin. And as usual I had a morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Another cold morning out there, about 8 degrees and near 0 with the wind chill! it did get to about 30 degrees and sunny out. After Lunch I took a drive over to my Oncologist Doctor's Office and dropped off some candy for the staff for Christmas. Then dropped some more off at my Family Physician Office. Tis the Season! For Dinner tonight I prepared a Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham and Swiss Grilled Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.





While at our local Kroger the other day, they had Boar's Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham on sale in the Deli. I had not tried this one before so I purchased some to give it a try. As all the Boar's Head products it was delicious and only 60 calories and 1 carb per serving. I had made a Sandwich of it for Lunch yesterday and I'm having it for my Dinner tonight! To make the sandwich I'll need the Boar's Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham, Sargento Reduced Fat Sliced swiss Cheese, French's Yellow Mustard, and a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun.





To prepare it I took a medium size skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, and heated it on
medium heat. When heated I added my Ham and cooked it for about 4 minutes, flipping the slices several times. After flipping it for the last time I piled it up in the skillet and topped it with a slice of the Sargento Swiss Cheese. As the Cheese was melting I loaded it on to the Healthy Life Bun. Topped with French's Mustard and served! The Boar's Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham makes one delicious Sandwich! When I order any sliced Cold-Cuts I always have them slice it paper thin. Having Diabetes 2 I have to watch calories and carbs. And with the Cold-Cuts sliced thin I can pile it up and still be using the same amount as meat sliced regular. Sort of tricks the mind into thinking you're getting more than you really are!




To go with my Sandwich I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries leftover so I prepared them to go with my Burger.Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. I had a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert later a Weight watchers Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.






Boar's Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham
With natural juices.

Enjoy the exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone.  Available in the Deli
retail case as a center of the plate item or at the Service Deli sliced by the pound for a sandwich of note.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 oz (56g)
Servings Per Container Varied
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 520mg 22%
Potassium 160mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 10g 20%
http://boarshead.com/products/detail/11018-sweet-slice-brand-boneless-smoked-ham



Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries

Lightly seasoned with sea salt, these Julienne Fries make your everyday French fry wonder where it went wrong.

Ingredients: Organic Potatoes, Organic Canola Oil and/or Organic Sunflower Oil and/or Organic Safflower Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3 oz (84 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 36
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 200mg 8%
Potassium 310mg 9%
Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 0g
Protein 2g

https://www.alexiafoods.com/products/fries/yukon-gold-julienne-fries

No comments:

Post a Comment