Cast Iron Skillets...
I love my Cast Iron Skillet! You can prepare a dish on the stove in it and move it right into the oven! Versatile and Easy to clean. Below are just a few reasons to have one.
* You can use a cast iron skillet in the oven, at any temperature. Most cookware comes with heat warnings. Even most stainless steel cookware isn’t supposed to go over 450/500 degrees in an oven. Cast iron? comes in handy for making corn bread, frittatas, and flat bread.
* Cast iron is easy to clean up. Not only does food easily lift off from cast iron cookware, soap is not needed or recommended, since it erodes the seasoning. The soap will break up the tiny oil molecules that are embedded on the pan that help make it nonstick. If you need to scrub your cast iron pan, use salt!
* Boost your iron intake from eating food cooked in cast iron cookware. This vital mineral is crucial for maintaining energy levels, and it helps strengthen immune systems.
* Because cast iron cookware is made from the same base material that builds engine blocks, they are guaranteed to last a very, very long time. In fact, the more you cook with it, the better (and more seasoned) it gets.
* Cooks looking to replace non-stick cookware often investigate stainless steel. However, a high-end, 12-inch stainless skillet runs well over $100, while a similar-sized cast iron one costs less than $30.