For Breakfast I prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and fried 2 Jennie - O Turkey
I had purchased the White Lake Perch at Meijer and had already cleaned it and had it in the freezer. I laid the bag of Perch in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare the fillets; I first took a large skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and then added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil to the pan and heated it medium heat. With the pan heating I got the fillets ready. I'll be seasoning them with Morton's Lite Salt and Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri Seafood Breading Mix.
Using a tin pie pan, I filled it with 3 tablespoons of the Zatarain's Mix. Next I seasoned the Perch
with the Lite Salt. Then rolled the fillets in the Breading mix, completely covering them. Then added a few of them to the preheated skillet. I fried them 3 minutes per side. They came out a golden brown! The Perch was delicious, just love fresh water fish as I do all Fish. Meijeris about the only store that carries the White Perch and they also will have Yellow Lake Perch from time to time.
For one side I prepared a package of the Little Potato Company, 3 Cheese Potatoes. While at Meijer I
Then I also heated up a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. These are so much easier to prepare than boiling fresh Baby Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good. I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury French Bread. Then for Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.
the Little Potato Company - Cheesy Potatoes – Three Cheese
CHEESEY POTATOES IN JUST 5 MINUTES!
Get dinner on the table faster with this healthy and tasty side, the newest in easy cheesy potato
A savory seasoning blend of rich Parmesan, Romano, and Cheddar cheeses delivers a delicious flavor profile that is gluten- and cholesterol-free, as well as low in sugar and sodium.
For a convenient dinner solution, simply place the fresh potatoes in the microwave for five minutes and then add the seasoning pack. This delightfully cheesy side is great on its own, or add it with other vegetables and proteins to amp up your dinner game! Full instructions are below.
Try our whole Microwave Ready line up and pick your favorite from Three Cheese, Garlic Parsley and Savory Herb.
In three easy steps, you have perfectly steamed and seasoned potatoes!
1. Simply remove the cardboard sleeve and seasoning pack. The plastic film stays on to aid in steaming the potatoes.
2. Place the convenience tray in the microwave. Cook on high for 5 minutes*.
3. Let the tray rest for 2 minutes then carefully remove plastic film and stir in seasoning pack. Caution – the contents will be very hot. If desired, add 1 tbsp. of butter or olive oil.
Serve and enjoy!
*Cooking times may vary.
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Saturated / Trans Fats 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 65 mg 3%
Potassium 500 mg 14%
Carbohydrate 20 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Vitamin A 0%
Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri Seafood Breading Mix
Zatarains Seasoned Fish Fri brings authentic New Orleans-style flavor to your kitchen! This fully
DEEP FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. FILL deep fryer no more than 1/3 full with oil. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
3. FRY fish, a few pieces at a time, in hot oil until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Note: For thicker coating, dip fish in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg, before rolling in Fish Fri.
PAN FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. POUR 1 inch of vegetable oil into large skillet. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. COAT and fry fish as directed above.
1. BRUSH 1 lb. fish fillets on both sides with oil. Pour Fish Fri onto plate. Roll fish in Fish Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining Fish Fri mixture on plate.
2. PLACE fish on shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Spray top of fish with cooking spray.
3. BAKE in preheated 450ºF oven 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Product nutrition information
(Amount per serving)