Sunday, December 25, 2016

Prime Rib w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Whole Baby Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Prime Rib w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Whole Baby Carrots






For Breakfast on this Christmas Morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and added a few slices of Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, for a light Breakfast Sandwich. After we were done with Breakfast we opened gifts and afterwards mad a few phone calls to friends and relatives wishing them a Merry Christmas! For our Christmas Dinner we are having Prime Rib w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Whole Baby Carrots.






We couldn't decide on what to have for Christmas Dinner. While I was at Meijer a few days ago I seen they had some small Prime Ribs so I grabbed one of those. I like Prime Rib but it's so overpriced. This was one that weighed just over 3 ibs., 3.11 lbs. Just the right size for myself and Mom and Dad. As most Prime Rib Roasts it was very easy to prepare.








I preheated the oven on 325 degrees. I took a small roaster pan and sprayed it Pam Cooking Spray and I rubbed a light coat of Extra light Olive Oil on it. Once the oven was heated I put the Roast in the pan and baked it for about 49 minutes. I took the pan out and checked the internal temperature with my meat thermometer and it was right where we wanted at 121 degrees.









I let the Roast sit for 10 minutes before slicing it. The Roast was cooked to a perfect Medium Rare. The Roast came moist and juicy! Cutting in to it was very tender and has an excellent taste. We'll definitely purchase this again from Meijer!










Mom and Dad love multiple side dishes with their meals so i gave them a good variety. For one side I prepared some Little Potato Company Savory Herb Potatoes. Then I prepared a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Then I opened up a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. I also baked some of Mom and Dad's favorite Rolls, Hawaiian Rolls. For my Dessert later a Breyer's 100 Calorie Cup of Chocolate Ice Cream.






Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment