Thursday, December 1, 2016

Catfish Nuggets w/ Cut Italian Beans and Baked Fingerling Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Catfish Nuggets w/ Cut Italian Beans and Baked Fingerling Potatoes








For Breakfast this I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with Smucker’s
Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Then I fried up a couple of Eckrich Smoked Turkey Sausage Links and as usual had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A bit cooler out there today, 31 degrees this morning and a high in the mid 40's. I received bad news yesterday, my good friend that was in assisted living Passed away. So I was a bit down today, I'll miss my friend deeply. After Lunch I took Mom around to let her run a couple of errands, boy gas prices went up by about 21 cents a gallon. Back home and not a lot going on the rest of the day. For Dinner tonight I prepared Catfish Nuggets w/ Cut Italian Beans and Baked Fingerling Potatoes



I had purchased the Catfish Nuggets from Kroger and had them in the freezer so I let them thaw in
the fridge overnight. To prepare them I rinsed the Catfish Nuggets off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Seasoned them with Sea Salt. Then put them in a Hefty Plastic Storage Bag and added Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri Breading Mix, shook the bag until all the Nuggets were coated. Then pan fried them in a medium size skillet in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Fried each side about 3 1/2 minutes, until a golden brown. The Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri is perfect for the Catfish, great flavor and the Nuggets were good size and meaty. I love using all these Zatarain’s Products!




For one side dish I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty the can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! I could have Beans every day and never get tired of having them.









Then for another side I prepared some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. I purchased these at Jungle Jim's
yesterday. To start I first washed the Potatoes off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. I love Fingerling Potatoes, probably my favorite Potato. Just love how easy they cook up and taste. For Dessert tonight I'm having a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.





Allens Italian Cut Green Beans

Allens Italian Cut Green Beans contain fiber and are naturally free of cholesterol and saturated fats. Diets rich in vegetables such as Allens Italian Cut Green Beans may help lower the risk of heart disease, high cholesterol and some cancers.

Allens Italian Cut Green Beans:
* Heart healthy
* Heat and serve
* Cholesterol free
* Saturated fat-free
* Kosher

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Italian Green Beans, Water, Salt.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 119 G
Servings Per Container 3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 30
Calories From Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0 G 0
Saturated Fat 0 G 0
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg 0
Sodium 300 Mg 12
Total Carbohydrate 5 G 2
Dietary Fiber 2 G 7
Sugars 1 G
Protein 1 G

No comments:

Post a Comment