Friday, December 9, 2016

Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper Sandwich w/ Baked Fingerling Potato Wedges

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper Sandwich w/ Baked Fingerling Potato Wedges






For my Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and Scrambled 2
medium size Eggs. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Very good way to start off this cold Friday Morning. Rolled out to get the morning papers and it was cold out, 21 degrees and a wind chill near 15 degrees! And we had our first snow of the year, not much but traces on the grass and rooftops. For the day mostly cloudy and only a high of 29 degrees. Cleaned the house this afternoon, run the vacuum, dusted, and such. Back to bed afterward, still not feeling real good. For Dinner tonight its a Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper Sandwich w/ Baked Fingerling Potato Wedges.






I love Fish and Seafood, especially this Florida Gulf Coast Grouper my friends bring me up from Florida! I had a fillet in the freezer so I sat it in the fridge to thaw overnight. To prepare the fillet I
seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the fillet in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added the Zatarain’s Seafood Breading Mix Seasoning. Shook until it was well coated. Shook off the excess. Then got the Cast Iron Skillet out, sprayed it with a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and added a 1/2 tablespoon of Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was ready I added the Grouper Fillet, frying about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. The fillet came out Golden Brown and Delicious! I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Hamburger Bun.




To go with the Fish Sandwich I baked some Fingerling Potato Wedges. I purchased these at Jungle
Jim’s last week and prepared what was left of them. To start I first washed the Potatoes off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. I love Fingerling Potatoes! I had a Peach Diet Snapple to drink with the meal. For dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.





Grouper - Firm texture, white meat with large flake and a mild flavor. Extra lean fish.

NUTRITION

Nutritional values for approximately 4 ounces (114 grams) of raw, edible portions
* Calories 110
* Calories From Fat 20
* Total Fat 2 g
* Saturated Fat 0 g
* Cholesterol 55 mg
* Sodium 65 mg
* Total Carbohydrates 0 g
* Protein 23 g












Fingerling potatoes
A fingerling potato is a small, stubby, finger-shaped type of potato which may be any heritage potato
cultivars. Fingerlings are varieties that naturally grow small and narrow. (Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment