Thursday, April 7, 2016

Seasoned Haddock w/ Cut Green Beans and Baby Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Cut Green Beans and Baby Carrots




For Breakfast on the rainy and windy Thursday morning I prepared a couple of Bob Evan's Turkey
Sausage Patties. They pre-cooked so all you do is heat them up in a skillet for 8 minutes. Just the right size for the Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffins that I use. Good tasting sausage patties, made a good Breakfast Sandwich! Another rainy and windy night and most of today, had a high in the 40's. So staying today it was house cleaning this afternoon, vacuumed and dusting. For dinner tonight I prepared Seasoned Haddock w/ Cut Green Beans and Baby Carrots.







I had a few bags of the Haddock Fillets in the freezer so I grabbed 1 bag and let it thaw in the fridge
overnight. I had already cleaned and cut the fillet into smaller pieces. To prepare them I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is. The Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri is a perfect seasoning for the mild Haddock.






For one side dish I reheated some leftover Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Then I also prepared a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. These are so much easier to prepare than boiling fresh Baby Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.







Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

Big easy lemon squeezy. That’s the secret to an authentic Southern-style fish fry: a crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice. Just add your favorite fresh fish like trout, redfish, catfish or flounder.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 1140mg 48%
Total Carb: 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%
Sugar: 0g
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx





No comments:

Post a Comment