Saturday, April 30, 2016

Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Seasoned Blackeye Peas

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Seasoned Blackeye Peas






I made an early Breakfast for me and Mom. Then we were at the hospital by 8:00 this morning to talk
to the doctors about Dad. The news wasn't the best. He has a collapsed left lung again along with water in both lungs. This is the second time for a collapsed lung. The bad news is that they can only repair this one more time and after that if it happens again, it wont be a good outcome. We are hoping and praying for the best. Back at home I did a few things around the house and some laundry for Mom. I wen to Appleby's to pick Mom's dinner for her when she came home from the hospital. For myself I prepared a Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Seasoned Blackeye Peas.



My friends had brought me back some Florida Gulf Coast Grouper they had caught a while back and

I had them in the freezer. I got one of the fillets out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the
fridge. It’s one beautiful Grouper fillet! To prepare it I rinsed the fillet off in cold water and patted it dry with paper towel. I then seasoned them it with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Lite Butter and rolled the fillet in the Butter. I then added the Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning, coating both sides of the fillet.









I prepared it in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray. When the pan

was fully heated, on medium heat, I added my Grouper. At this point turn on your Stove Overhead
Exhaust Fan on, because it will start smoking from the seasoning. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready! Cast Iron Skillets are perfect to use for any cooking but especially when you Blacken something. The Skillet heats up and holds it heat and the heat evenly distributes across the Skillet, perfect for Blackening Meats. This is one delicious Grouper! The fresh taste of the Grouper, so meaty, along with the Blackening Season are a perfect combo. Love Fish, Love Seafood !Plus as you can tell as big as this filet was I only had half of it for dinner. The other half for lunch tomorrow!





For one side dish I heated up a can of Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas. If you are a fan of Blackeye Peas, like myself, you'll love these! Just emptied the Peas into a small saucepan, covered,  and heated to a boil. Reduced the heat, stirred. Simmer until ready to serve. Nice size Peas and Seasoned just right!












Then for a second side it was a can of Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn. Just emptied the Corn into a small saucepan and heated to a boil, and served! Very good Sweet Corn.Forget a bunch of that "Peas and Carrots", Blackeye Peas and Sweet Corn make a perfect pairing! I wasn't sure how the two would work out, but they are fantastic together! Then I  also had a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.







Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for
blackening. Also Zatarain's Blackened Seasoninggreat as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment