From the BBC Goodfood website (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/).....
The everyday basic herbs in Thai cuisine have many health benefits, and they taste great too. Here are just a few examples of what some favorite Thai ingredients can do for you:
* Lime - Good source of potassium and vitamin C.
* Fresh chilies - Good source of vitamins A, C and K. Research continues into pain relief potential.
* Lemongrass - Very good source of iron and potassium and thought to be an effective alternative treatment for yeast infections.
* Coriander:- Good source of dietary fiber and packed with vitamins and minerals.
* Galangal (Thai ginger) - Aids with digestion and is often used to help treat the common cold.
* Turmeric - Used as an effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
* Kaffir lime - Promotes gum health and is good for digestion
* Garlic - Antioxidant, aids with digestion and research continues into affect on blood pressure and cholesterol