Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries
It's another beautiful Spring morning here in West Chester! For Breakfast I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I lightly buttered with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Cleaned the house this morning, dust and vacuum. Everything done got the cart out and enjoyed the day, sunny and 70 degrees! Glad the warm temps and sun are back. For dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries.
I had purchased the Cod from Kroger yesterday. To prepare the Cod I rinsed the fillet off with cold
I also baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod FilletsPanko Crusted Veal Cutlet w Jalapeno Cheese Fried Potatoes and 001
1c. Panko Bread Crumbs
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4