This week's Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week is a Top Sirloins with Champagne Grape Conserve & Blue Cheese. Using Champagne Grapes and Wild Idea Top Sirloins this ones sure to impress and please everyone at dinner! Another good one from Jill O'Brien of Wild Idea Buffalo. You can this recipe and you purchase the Wild Idea Top Sirloins along with all the other delicious and healthy cuts of Buffalo on the Wild Idea Buffalo website. http://wildideabuffalo.com/
Top Sirloins with Champagne Grape Conserve & Blue Cheese
By: Jill O'Brien
Champagne grapes are juicy, flavorful and seedless. They are also adorable, which always helps in making a pretty presentation. The sweetness of the grapes with the savory addition of onion and rosemary is a terrific topping for Wild Idea’s rich, grassy Top Sirloin Steaks. *This time of year champagne grapes are available in most groceries, but if unavailable, cherries would make a great substitute.
Ingredients for Steaks:
4 – 5 ounce Wild Idea Top Sirloins (or any prime Wild Idea Steak)
2 –teaspoons kosher or sea salt
2 – teaspoons black pepper
Ingredients for Sauce: *Sauce will make enough for 4 steaks.
1 – tablespoon butter
¼ – cup onion, minced
1 – cup champagne grapes
¼ – teaspoon each salt & pepper
2 – teaspoons sugar
½ – teaspoon, fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 – ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1) Rinse steaks and pat dry. Mix olive oil, salt, and pepper together and rub into steaks. Cover with saran wrap and let rest for two hours before grilling.
2) For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan, over medium high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Add ¾ of the grapes and heat through. Then lightly smash with potato masher to release juices.
4) Stir in sugar, and reduce heat to low and simmer until juices have reduced to half.
5) Add remaining grapes and stir in to incorporate. Heat through.
6) Remove sauce from heat and stir in rosemary. *Can be made ahead and reheated.
7) Preheat grill to 500°. Grill steaks for 2 minutes on each side, closing grill lid during grilling. Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
8) Plate steaks and top with equal portions of grape conserve and sprinkle with blue cheese. Garnish with fresh grapes and fresh rosemary.