Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Potato




Around 6:00 this morning as I was waking up, there was loud explosion that went off. It didn't sound as if it was real close but you could hear the bang. Never heard anything on the news about it so not sure what happened. Outside it's another humid and hot day out there. I had a Doctor's appointment today, had to go and let the Doctor check me out to make sure I didn't grow another leg! I need work on my Hoveround Chair and for Hoveround to approve it I have to see the Doc to confirm I still need it! You would think they would know this since I've been an amputee since 2001. Another major flaw in this Obama Care stuff. So for dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Potato.





I purchased the Cod from Kroger yesterday,Wild Caught Cod Loin. To make the Cod I started my rinsing the Cod in cold water and patting dry with a paper towel. I'll need the following to make this; Cod Fillet,  Panko Bread Crumbs, Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper (to taste), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Egg Beater’s, Flour, and Canola Oil. The original recipe is at the end of the post. I only used a 1/4 amount of the Ingredients, I just made 1 Fillet





To prepare the Cod I rinsed the fillets off with cold water and patted dry. Then seasoned it  with Sea Salt and Pepper. Combined the flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour. Dip the floured fillets into the Paprika seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off. Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs, and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered. Meanwhile, heat canola oil in a skillet and place the fillets in and saute 3 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned. Served the fillet on a Kroger Lite Wheat Bun.




For a side I had a Baked Potato that I has seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea salt and Peppercorn Medley. Topped it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a bowl of Del Monte Sliced Peaches.




Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich

Ingredients:

(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
1c. Panko Bread Crumbs
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Canola Oil

Directions:

* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.

Number of Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment