A few Tomato facts and Hints....
* Tomatoes are very healthy and are rich in vitamins and minerals.
* Don't worry about tomatoes with weird shapes. Even cracked skin is okay, but leaking juice and soft spots are not.
* If your tomatoes make the dish you are cooking too acidic, you can use sprinkles of salt or sugar, both of which also enhance the flavor.
* Feel Choose tomatoes that feel heavy for their size.
* Smell Tomatoes should smell earthy and tomato-y, never musty or flat.
* The high acid content of the tomatoes may cause migration of aluminum into the food. This may taint the food and may be a health risk.
* Keep tomatoes at room temperature on a plate; never store them in a plastic bag. If you