Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cumin Spiced Pork Chops w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chops w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes




Started my morning with a light Breakfast, a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin topped with a  I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Dad is still in the hospital they've been running some tests on his heart and lungs. He's feeling a lot better now and anxious to get home. After getting back from my visit to the hospital to see him I did a load of laundry for Mom and cleaned the house. After that I ran a couple of errands for her and back home. Another beautiful late Summer Day out, sunny and a high around 83 degrees. For dinner tonight I prepared Cumin Spiced Pork Chops w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes.





On my last visit to Costco I picked up a huge package of Pork Chops and had them in the freezer. I
got 2 of the Chops from the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. Then to prepare my Chop
I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork!




For a side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden Hominy.
For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. My favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish! Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. I had Mom's dinner waiting on her when she got back from the hospital seeing Dad. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment