All about the Apple.....
* When buying apples, choose those without any bruises or soft, mushy spots.
* Look for fruit with shiny skin—dull skin hints at a lack of crispness and flavor.
* Apples quickly lose their crispness at room temperature. To keep apples in the fridge, place them in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper.
* Do not store bruised or cut apples since that will make the other stored apples spoil.
* If you're slicing apples and don't want the exposed pieces to turn brown, dunk the slices in a bowl of three parts water to one part lemon juice.