Monday, August 29, 2016

Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese






Started my morning off with Scrambled Eggs and Toast. Scrambled 2 medium size Eggs that I
seasoned with Salt, Pepper, and a couple of shakes of Ortega Smokey Chipotle Taco Sauce. Then I toasted a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread and made my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Nice start to the day! After Breakfast I had to take Mom's car in to be repaired. A vacuum hose had a hole in it and had to be replaced. I just waited there for it to be repaired, took a bit longer than I thought. Didn't have anything to do today anyway. Got it repaired and then took her car through the car wash for her, repaired and cleaned! For Dinner tonight I prepared Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese.


For the Shrimp part of the dish I used Kroger Brand Jumbo Shrimp. I had them in the freezer so I let
them thaw overnight in the fridge. I love the Shrimp and Seafood. For the Shrimp; I started by rinsing the Shrimp off in cold water and letting it dry in a colander. Using a medium size skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that I heated on medium heat I cooked the Shrimp. I seasoned them with Old Bay Seasoning. Cooked them 2 minutes per side, turning the Shrimp once. And as the Shrimp was cooking I started to prepare the Pasta.




I’ve prepared this a few times now but with Chicken. So tonight I'm changing it up and using Shrimp. Rice – A – Roni, Pasta Roni is an Angel Hair Pasta in a Parmesan Sauce with other natural flavors. It
comes with the Pasta and Parm Sauce and I added; 1 1/3 cups of water, 2/3 cups of 2% milk, and 2 tablespoons of Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Then to prepare it; In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently. Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken. There’s 2 servings per box. Nice seasoning and the Parmesan Sauce is very flavorful. I topped the Pasta with some Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese and the Shrimp. Too good, this makes one delicious Shrimp and Pasta Dish! For dessert later a bowl of Del Monte Sliced Peaches.





Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese

Inspired by the flavors of Italy, our Pasta Roni® Parmesan Cheese flavor blends angel hair pasta in a Parmesan cheese sauce with other natural flavors your whole family will enjoy. This flavorful dish is the perfect complement to your family’s favorite Italian recipes.

What You’ll Need
1 1/3 cups of water
2/3 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of margarine*

What You’ll Do:
In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.

http://www.ricearoni.com/Products/Pasta_Roni/classic_favorites/Angel_Hair_Pasta_w

No comments:

Post a Comment