Saturday, August 20, 2016

Turkey Pepperoni and Turkey Sausage Pita Bread Pizza

Dinner Tonight: Turkey Pepperoni and Turkey Sausage Pita Bread Pizza




For Breakfast I broke out the Goetta again! I prepared some Glier's Turkey Goetta and prepared some
Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. I just love the combination of Turkey Goetta and Hash Browns. I also had my usual cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. The rain showers have returned after drying out for a couple of days. High in the mid 80's and humid, as usual. Ran an errand for Mom and then I stopped by Walmart Vision Center to have my glasses adjusted. Then went to the hospital to see a friend of mine that had surgery yesterday, she's doing good and should be home soon! Back home and puttered around the house doing a few things to finish out the day. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Turkey Pepperoni and Turkey Sausage Pita Bread Pizzas.



I used Joseph’s Flax/Oat Bran and Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pita Bread for my Pizza Pie instead of
regular Dough Pizza Pie. I love using Joseph’s Pita Breads, always fresh and they’re only 60 calories, 1.5 grams fat, and 5 net carbs! A huge saving of calories and carbs over using normal Pizza Crust, without sacrificing taste. I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To bake the Pita Pizzas I used a large Cookie Sheet. To prepare them I brushed them with a light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the coating of Oil browns it up just right. I then baked it for 5 minutes, just to brown it up a bit. Removed them from the oven and made my Pizzas.






For my toppings I used Ragu Homestyle Pizza Sauce, Jennie – O Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausage, Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, Sliced Black and Green Olives, sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms, 2 Anchovies Fillets, and Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.










It took less than 10 minutes in the oven until everything heated up and the Cheese melted.Pizza is served! Everything combined makes one delicious Pizza! And the good thing is you can load these Pita Bread Pizzas up with toppings and still not have a lot of calories and carbs, my type of Pizza! Bakes up and tastes like a Thin-Crust Pizza! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.









Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread

 Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Joseph’s provides you with a healthy, reduced carb, high protein pita bread containing Flax, an excellent source of Omega-3! These Pitas have no cholesterol and contain three healthy ingredients: Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat which may help protect your heart while losing weight!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Pita (37g/1.33oz.)
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g3%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 280mg12%
Total Carbohydrate 9g3%
Dietary Fiber 4g16%
Sugars 0g
Protein 6g

https://www.josephsbakery.com/shop/flax-oat-bran-whole-wheat-pita-bread.html

2 comments:

  1. where did you get the pita bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to purchase it from Walmart but now I order it online direct from the maker. Walmart, at least around here, doesn't carry it anymore. I'm sure you'll like it, its always fresh.

    ReplyDelete