Saturday, August 27, 2016

Cumin Spiced Pork Loin Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Italian Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Loin Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Italian Green Beans





For Breakfast this morning I Scrambled a couple of medium sized Eggs, made some Simply Potatoes
Hash Browns, fried a couple of Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links, and a slice of toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. A full size Breakfast for a huge appetite this morning! This way more than I usually have for Breakfast. So after Breakfast I did a load of laundry. As that was going I swept and cleaned outside. I wanted to get that done before it was too humid to do anything! Heat index of about 100 degrees today and the humidity was real bad. Finished up laundry and did some house cleaning. Dusted and vacuumed then straightened up the pantry. Full day today! For Dinner tonight i prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Loin Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Italian Green Beans.






I grabbed a Pork Chop from the freezer, that I had purchased from Meijer, and let it thaw overnight in
the fridge.









Then to prepare my Chop I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2
teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork.




For one side dish I prepared my favorite Mashed Potatoes, Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. Easy to fix and delicious. To prepare it just heat it up in the microwave for 6 minutes and it’s ready.










Then I also heated up a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. I also reheated a couple of Breadsticks
leftover from last night's Dinner. For Dessert later a bowl of Del Monte Sliced Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment