Thursday, August 11, 2016

Shrimp, Tomato Pesto Sauce, Whole Grain Rotini, and Baked French Bread

Dinner Tonight: Shrimp, Tomato Pesto Sauce, Whole Grain Rotini, and Baked French Bread






I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. Headed out to the local Kroger up the
road after Breakfast. I just needed a few items for tonight's Dinner. Coming home I stopped at McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for Mom and Dad. The humidity is terrible! It feels like your walking into a sauna as you walk outside. Did some cleaning outside around the wooden deck and drive. I didn't last long out there! Back inside just did some things around the house. For Dinner tonight I prepared Shrimp, Tomato Pesto Sauce, Whole Grain Rotini, and Baked French Bread.




I wasn't sure what to have for Dinner tonight. I had been wanting to do another dish where I use a Tomato Pesto Sauce that I used for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Fell in love with this Pesto! So looking in the fridge I remembered I had some leftover Rotini Pasta from last night and I had a bag of frozen Kroger Jumbo Shrimp in the freezer. My Dinner for tonight was starting to come together, Shrimp, Tomato Pesto Sauce, Whole Grain Rotini, and Baked French Bread!







First to make the Tomato Pesto I’ll need; 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (halved), Extra Virgin Olive Oil for seasoning + 1/4 cup, Salt and Pepper (to taste), 1 Cup fresh Basil Leaves, 2 Tablespoons toasted Pine Nuts, and 1 Clove Garlic (minced).











To prepare the Pesto; preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Toss the halved Tomatoes lightly with Olive Oil, and arrange on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet, and season with Salt. Roast the Tomatoes for about 2 hours, until shriveled. Let cool. Place the Tomatoes, Basil, Pine Nuts, and Garlic in a food processor; pulse to chop. Add 1/4 cup Olive Oil; pulse to combine well. Season with Salt and Pepper. I love this Tomato Pesto! I first used it on some Baked Cod and thought it would work great with Pasta and Shrimp.








So the Pesto was ready and the Pasta was already made, I just had to reheat it. I put the Pasta in a
microwavable bowl and added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to it and stirred. Reheated it for 1 minute and 10 seconds, done!










For the Shrimp; I started by rinsing the Shrimp off in cold water and letting it dry in a colander. Using a medium size skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that I heated on medium heat I cooked the Shrimp. I seasoned it with Old Bay Seasoning. Cooked it 2 minutes per side, turning the Shrimp once.









To plate everything I made a bed of the Rotini Pasta in a bowl. Seasoned with some McCormick Grinder Italian Seasoning. Topped the Rotini with the Shrimp. Then topped it all off with the Tomato Pesto and some Shaved Parmesan Cheese. It turned out to be one delicious Dinner! The Tomato Pesto worked as it good on the Pasta and Shrimp as it the Cod! I think I'll start bottling this and selling it, On the Mark Tomato Pesto. Catchy huh! (lol) I also baked a loaf Pillsbury French Bread, perfect for the Dish. For dessert later a Del Monte Sugar Free Diced Peach Cup.







Tomato Pesto Sauce
Ingredients
Ingredients Pesto Sauce
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for seasoning + 1/4 cup
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Cup fresh Basil Leaves
2 Tablespoons toasted Pine Nuts
1 Clove Garlic, minced

Directions
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Toss the halved Tomatoes lightly with Olive Oil, and arrange on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet, and season with Salt. Roast the Tomatoes for about 2 hours, until shriveled. Let cool. Place the Tomatoes, Basil, Pine Nuts, and Garlic in a food processor; pulse to chop. Add 1/4 cup Olive Oil; pulse to combine well. Season with Salt and Pepper.




Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 100% Whole Grain Rotini

When it comes to nutrition, why settle for less than 100%? Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 100% Whole Grain Rotini is 100% all natural and made from a single ingredient, 100% whole wheat. With an excellent source of fiber and 56 grams of whole grains per serving, it is an important part of a heart healthy diet. Its delicious flavor is the perfect complement to your favorite pasta recipes. When it comes to keeping your family happy and eating healthy, why settle for less than 100%?
Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 100% Whole Grain Rotini:
* 100% Whole Grain Stamp: 56 grams whole grains per serving
* Excellent source of fiber
* A low-fat, sodium-free, cholesterol-free food
* All natural
* Kosher

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Durum Whole Wheat Flour. Contains Wheat. Manufactured In A Facility That Uses Eggs.

Directions:
Directions: 1. bring 4 quarts water to a rapid boil. 2. add pasta And stir; return to rapid boil. 3. cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 13 to 15 minutes. 4. drain well.
Nutrition
Serving Size 3/4 cup (56g)

Serving Per Container About 6

Amount Per Serving
Calories 180 Calories From Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 240mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 2g
Protein 9g

No comments:

Post a Comment