Monday, August 8, 2016

Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich w/ Baked Potato




For Breakfast I made a Breakfast Sandwich. I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin,
fried up some Boar's Head Deluxe Ham, and topped the Ham with a slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese. And as always my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It's a little warmer out there today, 90 degrees but the humidity isn't too bad. Got the leaf blower out and cleaned up around the wooden deck and driveway areas. Inside did some house cleaning, vacuum and dusted. Had everything done and sat down for a bit and fell asleep, for a couple of hours! I never do that, I'll take a quick nap sometimes but never 2 hours. Oh well, so for Dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich w/ Baked Potato.



Good friends of mine gave me some beautiful fillets of Grouper and Mahi Mahi that I had in the freezer. I had prepared a Blackened Mahi Mahi last week and was ready for another one! So I grabbed a Fillet out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. To prepare it I rinsed the fillet off in cold water and patted it dry with paper towel. I then seasoned them it with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Lite Butter and rolled the fillet in the Butter. I then added the Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning, coating both sides of the fillet.




I prepared it in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray. When the pan
was fully heated, on medium heat, I added the Mahi Mahi. At this point turn on your Stove Overhead Exhaust Fan on, because it will start smoking from the seasoning. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready! Cast Iron Skillets are perfect to use for any cooking but especially when you Blacken something. The Skillet heats up and holds it heat and the heat evenly distributes across the Skillet, perfect for Blackening Meats. This makes one delicious Fish Sandwich! The fresh taste of the Mahi Mahi, so meaty, along with the Blackening Season are a perfect combo. Love Fish, Love Seafood! I served it on an Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hamburger Bun. I topped it with some Louisiana Remoulade Sauce and Lettuce.




For a side I prepared a Baked Potato. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn
Medley, topped it with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. For dessert later a Skinny  Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.










Mahi-mahi
The mahi-mahi or common dolphinfish is a surface-dwelling ray-finned fish found in off-shore
temperate, tropical and subtropical waters worldwide.








Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for
blackening. Also Zatarain's great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71 g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment