Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Leftovers - Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers - Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese




For Breakfast it was a toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with
Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Also had the morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It was cleaning day around the house today, inside and outside. I did the outside early to avoid the heat and humidity. Then inside it was dusting and the vacuum. Everything done and kicked back the rest of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight it was leftovers! I reheated the leftover  Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese from last night.




I love the Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese. I top it with Chicken and now Shrimp. So for Dinner
tonight it was the leftover Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese. No way these leftovers were going to waste! For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse. I left the post from last night's Dinner which has all the details of the Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese. Later!









For the Shrimp part of the dish I used Kroger Brand Jumbo Shrimp. I had them in the freezer so I let
them thaw overnight in the fridge. I love the Shrimp and Seafood. For the Shrimp; I started by rinsing the Shrimp off in cold water and letting it dry in a colander. Using a medium size skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that I heated on medium heat I cooked the Shrimp. I seasoned them with Old Bay Seasoning. Cooked them 2 minutes per side, turning the Shrimp once. And as the Shrimp was cooking I started to prepare the Pasta.





I’ve prepared this a few times now but with Chicken. So tonight I'm changing it up and using Shrimp. Rice – A – Roni, Pasta Roni is an Angel Hair Pasta in a Parmesan Sauce with other natural flavors. It
comes with the Pasta and Parm Sauce and I added; 1 1/3 cups of water, 2/3 cups of 2% milk, and 2 tablespoons of Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Then to prepare it; In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently. Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken. There’s 2 servings per box. Nice seasoning and the Parmesan Sauce is very flavorful. I topped the Pasta with some Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese and the Shrimp. Too good, this makes one delicious Shrimp and Pasta Dish! More than enough leftover foir my Dinner tomorrow night! For dessert later a bowl of Del Monte Sliced Peaches.







Pasta Roni – Parmesan Cheese
Inspired by the flavors of Italy, our Pasta Roni® Parmesan Cheese flavor blends angel hair pasta in a
Parmesan cheese sauce with other natural flavors your whole family will enjoy. This flavorful dish is the perfect complement to your family’s favorite Italian recipes.

What You’ll Need
1 1/3 cups of water
2/3 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of margarine*

What You’ll Do:
In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.

http://www.ricearoni.com/Products/Pasta_Roni/classic_favorites/Angel_Hair_Pasta_w

No comments:

Post a Comment