Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Potato Puffs
For Breakfast I had a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Mostly cloudy and 82 degrees. More rain moving back in tonight. Along with that the pollen and spore count is high today, and I can tell it with my allergies! We had to have Dad at the optometrist at 9:00 this morning, he needs new glasses. Back home did a few things around the yard and shed and then took the cart out for a spin around the neighborhood. For dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Potato Puffs.
Purchased the Cod Loin Fillets at Kroger and had them in the freezer. So I laid a fillet of it in the
I had some of the Alexia Potato Puffs leftover so I decided to have them as a side. To prepare them; Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange the frozen potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Baked for 25, stirring halfway through the cooking time. They bake up perfect with excellent seasoning. For dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4
Alexia Crispy Seasoned Potato Puffs with Roasted Garlic and Cracked Black Pepper
The crispy crunch consumers love in a potato puff, with the unexpected twist of Alexia’s premium seasonings: each crispy puff is perfectly seasoned with Roasted Garlic, Cracked Black Pepper, Sour Cream and Chives. —“All of the goodness of a loaded baked potato in a crispy bite-size puff.”
Serving Size 84 g (about 14 pieces)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 580mg 24%
Potassium 240mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%