Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Seasoned Haddock w/ Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Mini Ears of Sweet Corn

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Mini Ears of Sweet Corn





For Breakfast this morning I had another of the al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage Breakfast
Patties. I love this Sausage, so good! I found more of these at Meijer the other day and picked a few of the packages up. I love making these and making them into a Breakfast Sandwich, the patties are the perfect size for English Muffins. I fried the patty for 8 minutes and as that was cooking I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Along with my Breakfast Sandwich I had that morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Passing showers this morning and then mostly sunny and 75 degrees. I got my cart out of the shed and cleaned it today, a much needed cleaning!Then repotted a couple of plants for Mom. For Dinner tonight its Seasoned Haddock w/ Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Mini Ears of Sweet Corn


I had purchased 2 Haddock fillets from Kroger a while back. I had rinsed both fillets and cut into

smaller pieces. I ended up with 3 bags, I had one the day I purchased them and having the last bag
tonight. So I grabbed one of the plastic bag and laid it in the fridge overnight to thaw. So to prepare them I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is.



Then for another side I prepared some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Started by washing the Potatoes off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. Still can’t figure out why it’s so hard to find Fingerling Potatoes in this area. Still only 1 store around here locally that sells them, so thank you Jungle Jim’s!




I also boiled some Green Giant Mini Ears of Sweet Corn. If you’ve never tried the Green Giant Corn
you need to! It’s frozen Mini Ears of sweet Corn and you just boil for 10 minutes and you have some of the Sweetest Corn you can find! For dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.









Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries

Ingredients:

Fingerling Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese
Directions:

1.) Thoroughly clean and scrub the potatoes.

2.) Cut the potatoes in half and add to a large mixing bowl.

3.) Add the olive oil. I used about 1 tablespoon, but this will vary by how many potatoes you use. Just use enough oil to give the potatoes a nice coat. Add your seasonings.

4.) Put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the Parmesan Grated Cheese

5.) Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 450 degrees. The potatoes should be tender in the middle when done.




Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri

The secret of authentic Southern style fried fish is the crispy combination of cornmeal, corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 60
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 630mg 26%
Total Carb: 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0 0%
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 1g
Vitamin A: 2%
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Crispy-Southern

No comments:

Post a Comment