Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mettwurst on Bun w/ Spaetzle with Sage

Dinner Tonight: Mettwurst on Bun w/ Spaetzle with Sage





For Breakfast this morning I a al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage Breakfast Patty. I found more
of these at Meijer the other day and picked a few of the packages up. I love making these and making them into a Breakfast Sandwich. I fried the patty for 8 minutes and as that was cooking I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Along with my Breakfast Sandwich I had that morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Partly sunny with a passing shower, 77 degrees. After I had Breakfast I went up to McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom and Dad. Later in the day I went to Home Depot, I'm still getting estimates and picking out back splash tiles for the kitchen. Back home did a few things around the house. For dinner tonight a little German Cuisine flair tonight, Mettwurst on Bun w/ Spaetzle with Sage.





I came across some Bluegrass Lean Mettwurst while at Jungle Jim's Market and grabbed a couple of packages of it. I froze one package and kept the other one in the fridge, and having them for Dinner tonight.














To prepare them I used a medium size skillet and added the Metts. I then added water to the pan, just enough water to cover about a 1/4 of the Mett. Turned the heat on medium and covered the pan. I turned the Metts frequently to get a nice even cook on them. When the water had boiled down I cooked them an extra 3 minutes to brown them. They turned out fantastic, nice and meaty! I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Hot Dog Bun topped with French's Spicy Brown Mustard.




To go with my Mett I prepared some Maggi Spaetzle (Authentic German Dumplings). I make these
from time to time, really enjoy them. To prepare them I followed the package cooking instructions; brought 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stirred in the Spaetzle; boiled uncovered, for about 27 minutes (until tender). Drained it and set aside. Then melted 2 tablespoons of Blue Bonnet Light Butter over medium heat. Added 2 tablespoons of Dried Rubbed Sage and 1 Clove Minced Garlic. Stirred frequently for another 2 minutes. Added the finished Spaetzle. Reduced the heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Seasoned with Sea Salt and Pepper and served. Comes out so flavorful and Dumplings so tender. Makes one excellent side dish. Something a little different, a very good dinner tonight!




Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwurst
* 65% Less Fat
* 42% Fewer Calories
* 25% Less Sodium
*No MSG
* Gluten Free

Deliciously Lean Mettwurst
This Mettwurst is targeted at the consumer that is
into a healthier lifestyle. It is skinless and fully
cooked.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 link (66g)
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Sat. Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 590mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 2g
Protein 9g



Maggi: Authentic German Dumplings
You and maggi make great meals. Enjoy maggi spaetzle as a satisfying main course or as a delicious side dish To accompany your favorite meal. Tastes great with chicken or beef. Recipes for: creamy spaetzle with sage; spaetzle, ham & mushrooms; And, cheese & onion SPAETZLE.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 46 G
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 G 2
Saturated Fat 0 G
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 30 Mg 10
Sodium 350 Mg 14
Total Carbohydrate 32 G 11
Dietary Fiber 2 G 7
Sugars 1 G
Protein 6 G

No comments:

Post a Comment