Saturday, May 6, 2017

Bacon and Cheese Bison Burger w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Bacon and Cheese Bison Burger w/ Baked Fries





For Breakfast I tried a new Breakfast Sausage, al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage Breakfast
Patties. It's a precooked Chicken Sausage Patty, its already seasoned also. I heated it up in a small skillet for a total of 6 minutes a side. Heated up quick and seasoned perfect. I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I toasted. The Sausages are only 80 calories and 1 carb, I'll have to keep these in stock! Also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Well the rains have finally let up. We've had close to 2 inches of rain here the past 2 days. A cool morning out, 39 degrees this morning. After Breakfast i went up to the local Kroger and bought Mom a Mother's Day Card and Roses for Mother's Day. Back home did some laundry and cleaned the oven and cleaned the fridge out. After Lunch went over to see Dad for a while. He seems to be doing better so we'll wait and see. For Dinner tonight a Bacon and Cheese Bison Burger w/ Baked Fries.



It just felt like a Bison Burger type of day! And a Bacon and Cheese Bison Burger sounded even
better! I normally use Wild Idea Buffalo Patties for my Burgers but I'm trying a new this time from SayersBrook Bison Ranch. I've tried a lot of the other SayersBrook items and all were great so I thought I would give their Bison Patties a try. So I'm using the SayersBrook Bison Patties, for the Bacon I'm using SayersBrook Wild Boar Uncured Bacon, Kraft Deli Sharp Cheddar, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Hamburger Bun.





I first prepared the Wild Boar Uncured Bacon. The slices were not as long as most Bacon Slices,  perfect size to use on Burgers. It fried up as normal Bacon and tasted great! Wild Boar Bacon has a richer taste and is leaner than Pork. As usual when preparing Bacon, you have to use Bacon Math to calculate how many slices you need to prepare. If you need to use 3 slices you should fry at 5 slices, 3 to use and 2 to munch on while you're preparing Dinner. Bacon Math!






Next I preheated the oven to 425 degrees to bake my fries and on to the Burger. I prepared it as I do
the Wild Idea Buffalo Burger.I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then pan fried it, on medium heat, in Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil about 3 1/2 minutes per side. All Buffalo gets done rather quickly due to it’s so lean. After I flipped it, I topped it with a slice of Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I then topped it with Wild Boar Bacon and then served it on an Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Bun. The Burger was excellent! It fried up great and its a very tasty Bison Burger.





The oven was preheated and I baked the Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with
McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn. We really enjoy the Skinny Pop - Pop Corn!











Skinny Pop Pop Corn

Description
SkinnyPop starts with a premium popcorn kernel, sunflower oil and the perfect amount of salt. From there, Pure Popped Perfection™ says it all. Their popcorn has no GMOs, gluten or preservatives, making SkinnyPop a tasty, guilt-free snack. SkinnyPop believes in snacking without compromise. That means using the fewest, cleanest and simplest ingredients possible to bring you the best tasting popcorn. That's the Skinny.

All natural popcorn
Popped to pure perfection
Non-GMO, gluten-free, and zero trans fat
No artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no peanuts, no tree nuts, and no dairy

https://www.skinnypop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment