Thursday, May 25, 2017

Shrimp w/ Sharp White Cheddar Mac and Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Shrimp w/ Sharp White Cheddar Mac and Cheese





For Breakfast this morning I had a Breakfast Sandwich. I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, lightly fried some slices of Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, and 1 slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Heavy rain overnight, some areas 4 inches of rain! A lot flooding in the area. It finally quit raining around Noon. But more heavy rain tonight, about 68 degrees for a high. After Breakfast helped Mom do laundry and did a few things around the house. Later went to the post office and stopped by the bank. For Dinner tonight I prepared Shrimp w/ Sharp White Cheddar Mac and Cheese.



Mom needed a few things from the local Kroger yesterday and I picked up the ingredients for my
Dinner tonight! I'm using some Large Shrimp I purchased from the Seafood Counter. to prepare them I first washed them off in cold water and patted dry with paper towels. I then seasoned them with a sprinkle of Sea Salt and Old Bay Seasoning. I use Old Bay on Chicken, Chops, and most Seafood, provides perfect Seasoning.








Next I grabbed a large skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of
Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the pan on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added the Shrimp, fried the Shrimp in 2 batches so not to overcrowd the skillet. Fried the Shrimp about 3 minutes a side. Ended up with a nice plate full of Shrimp! Love the flavor of the Old Bay Seasoning on the Shrimp.









As I was frying the Shrimp I started my Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese Dinner. First time I've tried the Cracker Barrel Brand of Mac and Cheese. I picked a box of the Sharp Cheddar and Bacon and a box of the White Cheddar which I'm having tonight.











Start by boiling 8 cups of water in medium saucepan. Stir in Macaroni.Cook 12 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Do not rinse. Return to pan. Squeeze the Cheese Sauce over hot Macaroni. Stir until blended and serve. Came out nice and Cheesy with excellent flavor. Looking forward to trying Sharp Cheddar and Bacon! Shrimp and Seafood is so good with Mac and Cheese! I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury French Bread and had a slice of that also. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher's Peanut Butter Carmel Ice Cream Candy Bar.








Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese Dinner - Sharp White Cheddar

The difference is in the cheese. We've been doing thing differently for over 60 years. Our unique aging process gives our cheese a delicious, bold sharpness. Today, we offer that same distinctive flavor in our rich macaroni & cheese. Smooth, creamy and full of flavor—one bite will keep you coming back for more.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Enriched Macaroni Product (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate [Iron], Thiamin Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Riboflavin [Vitamin B2], Folic Acid); Cheese Sauce (Cheddar Cheese [Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes], Whey, Sodium Phosphate, Canola Oil, Contains Less than 2% of Salt, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid as a Preservative, Sodium Alginate, Annatto Extract [Color]).
Directions:
Instructions: Easy Preparation Cooking Directions: Boil 2 qt. (8 cups) water in medium saucepan. Stir in Macaroni.Cook 11 to 12 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Do not rinse. Return to pan. Squeeze Cheese Sauce over hot macaroni. Stir until blended.Makes about 4 servings.Note: Do not overcook pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment