Turkey Burger Wrap with Creamy Salsa
Lighten up your dinner with these creamy salsa turkey burgers wrapped in hearty lettuce leaves. Topped with delicious Greek yogurt sauce and avocado, this dish is a total crowd pleaser and ready under 30 minutes!
1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
½ teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
4 Bibb lettuce leaves
4 slices tomato
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1) In medium mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, ½ cup of salsa, cumin, cilantro, breadcrumbs, olive oil and salt and pepper, if desired; mix well and form into 4½-inch thick patties.
2) Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add burger patties to hot skillet. Cook approximately 14 to 16 minutes, flipping 3 times. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
3) In small mixing bowl, combine yogurt and reserved ½ cup salsa.
4) On lettuce leaves, top with tomato, avocado, turkey burger and creamy salsa.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION