http://www.sayersbrook.com/) you can also choose from Elk, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Hams, Chicken and more! Below is more on the Italian Style Bison Sausage and the recipe for the BISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH TORTELLINI. Enjoy and Eat Healthy!
Our Italian Style Bison Sausage are back by popular demand!
Our plump mild Italian style sausages are juicy and delicious, with our special blend of naturally flavorful bison, Italian herbs and spices. They are a blend of bison meat and beef to give them that extra juiciness. Only all natural ingredients are used. No MSG, or other artificial flavors. They are totally gluten free. They do not come fully cooked.
Bison sausage Ingredients
Our special blend of naturally flavorful bison, Italian herbs and spices. Delicious and juicy.
NOT Fully Cooked
Contains: Bison, beef, water, salt, spices, (including fennel, pepper, anise and paprika), garlic powder, natural spice extractives (including paprika).
BISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH TORTELLINI
The slight hints of sage, red pepper and anise in this Italian sausage lends an authentic harmony of flavor with is mirrored in perfectly cook tortellini.
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:20 Minutes
3 Italian Style bison sausages
1 (10oz.) package fresh cheese tortellini
1 (16oz.) marinara sauce
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
1 sprig fresh basil, chopped
4 cups of water
* Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add tortellini all at once, and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until done, about 4-5 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
* Combine the jar of marinara sauce and the drained tortellini to a sauce pan, and return to the stove. Cook on low, stirring often, to prevent burning.
* In a large non-stick skillet, sear the bison sausages over medium high heat and cook to brown, about 4-5 minutes, turning often.
* Add the peppers to the skillet of sausages, stirring to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
* Combine the cooked tortellini with marinara sauce to the sausages, and mix well.
* Serve topped with fresh basil and enjoy.
Toll-Free : 888-472-9377
2056 hwy 195
Hermann, MO 65041