So I started my morning off by preparing some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, 2 Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links, 1 toasted slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread (lightly buttered), and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A delicious and healthy way to start a Thursday morning! Not a bad day out, 82 degrees and partly cloudy with a slight humidity. Inside it was cleaning day, ran the vac, dusted, etc. I also had to replace my hand-held shower head, finally sprang a leak this morning as I was taking a shower. I had bought a replacement a while back because I had seen the wear and tear on the old one. Outside i grabbed the leaf blower out of the shed and cleaned the deck and driveway areas. All caught up on everything for the day! For Dinner tonight I prepared a Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage w/ Baked Shoestring Fries.
I used the healthy and delicious Jennie O Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages. I had a package of two in the freezer so I let them thaw overnight in the fridge. I pan fried them, using Pam w/ Olive Oil Cooking Spray and no oil needed. Heated the pan on medium and cooked a total of about 17 minutes, turning the Sausages occasionally. They fry up plump and brown, as always Jennie – O Products always have that fresh taste to them. The Sausages have 160 calories and 0 carbs per Sausage. I served it on a Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Bun and topped with French’s Spicy Brown Mustard. Love these, thank you Jennie – O! I made 2 of them having one tonight and the other for Lunch tomorrow.
Then for a side I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. The more I have these the more I’m liking them! Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 18 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.
Jennie O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
* Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
* Lovers of sweet Italian sausage have found a perfect option
* Gluten Free
* 65% less fat than regular pork sausage
* Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
* Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
* Place dinner sausages on grill rack 4 inches from heat source.
* Grill approximately 16 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally.
* Always cook to well done, 165 °F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
STOVE TOP METHOD:
* Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
* Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
* Place dinner sausage in hot skillet.
* Cook covered, turning occasionally, 17 – 19 minutes.
* Always cook to well-done, 165º F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
* Learn how to safely handle turkey
Jennie O – Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Lean
Calories 160 Sodium 670 mg
Total Fat 10 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 17 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries
Lightly seasoned with sea salt, these Julienne Fries make your everyday French fry wonder where it went wrong.
Ingredients: Organic Potatoes, Organic Canola Oil and/or Organic Sunflower Oil and/or Organic
Serving Size 3 oz (84 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories from Fat 36
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 200mg 8%
Potassium 310mg 9%
Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%