Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Buffalo 10 oz. New York Strip Steak w/ Baked Potato and Cut Asparagus

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo 10 oz. New York Strip Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Cut Asparagus






Started my day off by Poaching an Egg and serving it on top of a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain
Muffin. Also had the morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Did a couple of loads of laundry for myself and Mom. Then after Lunch I headed up to the hospital for the afternoon to see Dad. Not been a good day for him, still sick to his stomach. They are having trouble finding the cause of it, all tests have come back negative. Hope turns it around soon. Back in the 90's and a bit more humid out there today. For Dinner tonight a Buffalo 10 oz. New York Strip Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Cut Asparagus.




I had ordered a couple of Wild Idea Buffalo 10 oz. New York Strip Steaks and had them in the
freezer. So I grabbed one out of the freezer last night and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. What beautiful cuts of Buffalo these Steaks are, so lean and delicious. To prepare it all I’ll need is McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Dried Rosemary, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I started by preheating a Cast Iron Skillet on medium high. Then rubbed a very light coat of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides of the Steak then seasoned both sides with the Rosemary, Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Once the skillet is hot I added the Steak let it sear on the medium heat for about 6 minutes. Then turned it once and cooked for 5 more minutes. The Steak is a thick cut so I had to cook it longer than normal.


Served it with some Sauteed Mushrooms. These Steaks are every bit as delicious as they look! The taste is so fresh and has that slight sweet Grass Fed Buffalo taste to it. Moist and tender and so delicious! You just can’t beat these Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks, Bison or Beef. The Steak was plenty big so I saved some it for my Breakfast in the morning, Steak and Eggs!











For a side dish I baked a Russet Potato. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Topped it with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.










Then I also prepared some Cut Asparagus with Bacon Bits. I had purchased the Asparagus at the local Kroger just the other day. I washed the Asparagus and trimmed off the stalk ends. I then cut the Asparagus into 3 pieces. Heated up a medium size skillet that I had sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray. I had placed the Asparagus pieces in a bowl and seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Garlic Salt, Smoked Real Bacon Bits, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mixed well. Then added the Asparagus to the preheated skillet. Cooked them for about 8 minutes. Removed from the heat and served. Sprinkled Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese and done! For dessert later a bowl of Dole Sliced Peaches.









Wild Idea Buffalo – 10 OZ. NEW YORK STRIP STEAK
A classic American favorite, lean and luscious. This steak is cut from the short loin and is extremely tender and flavorful. The New York Strip Steak will always take center stage on any grill. 10 oz.

http://wildideabuffalo.com/products/new-york-strip-steaks

http://wildideabuffalo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment