Friday, September 9, 2016

Leftovers - Shrimp w/ Noodles and Mushrooms

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers - Shrimp w/ Noodles and Mushrooms




I made a Breakfast Sandwich this morning to start the day off. I scrambled 1 medium size Egg, fried
up 4 slices of Boar's Head Deluxe Ham, 1 slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and served on a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin.Back when I was able to work I would fix a Breakfast Sandwich every morning before work and wrap it in foil. Then eat on the way to work, used to love that! Outside it's showers and in the low 80's. Swept the driveway off and got the cart out and cleaned it up, much needed. Back inside it was computer cleaning day. Ran scans, reinstalled 2 programs, updated passwords, and then cleaned computer desk. So for Dinner tonight its Leftovers - Shrimp w/ Noodles and Mushrooms.



Far be it from me to let delicious leftovers go to waste! I really enjoyed last night's Dinner. So much that I'm having the leftovers for my Dinner tonight! I'm just a huge fan of Shrimp and Pasta and with the added Mushrooms, I'm all over it! So for Dinner tonight its Leftovers - Shrimp w/ Noodles and Mushrooms. I'm leaving yesterday's Dinner posting for the description and directions to make the dish, Enjoy!




I came across a recipe from a site I follow, Food Mingle. The recipe was Egg Noodles and
 Mushrooms and it gave the idea for my Dinner tonight, thank you Food Mingle! So tonight I'm preparing Shrimp w/ Noodles with Mushrooms. To make the dish I'll need; 1 - 1 lb. bag of Kroger Jumbo Shrimp, Old Bay Seasoning, 1/2 bag of Ronzini Smart Taste Extra Wide Noodle Style Pasta, sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms, Parsley, and Sea Salt.








For the Shrimp part of the dish I used Kroger Brand Jumbo Shrimp. I had them in the freezer so I let
them thaw overnight in the fridge. I love the Shrimp and Seafood. I started by rinsing the Shrimp off in cold water and letting it dry in a colander. Using a medium size skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that I heated on medium heat I cooked the Shrimp. I seasoned them with Old Bay Seasoning. Cooked them 2 minutes per side, turning the Shrimp once. So delicious and so easy to prepare! Removed them from the pan and placed them on a plate and set it aside.






As the Shrimp was cooking in a small skillet I sauteed the sliced Mushrooms. Using Baby Bella
Mushrooms, I sliced the Mushrooms. I seasoned them with Dried Thyme, Ground Smoked Cumin, Dried Parsley, and Sea Salt. Pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pat of Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Removed from the heat and set aside.








Finally to prepare the Noodles I brought 2 qts. water to a rapid boil. To add flavor and reduce
stickiness, add salt. Add the pasta and stir; return to rapid boil. Cook uncovered for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well and empty the Noodles into a large bowl. Toss in the sauteed Mushrooms. Add the Shrimp, add the parsley, and season with a little salt, to taste. I love the combo of Shrimp and Pasta and throw in the Mushrooms, it's a winner! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.










Ronzini Smart Taste Extra Wide Noodle Style Pasta

Smart eating means combining great taste with nutrition. Ronzini Smart Taste Extra Wide Noodle Style Pasta has the white pasta taste your family loves and extra nutrients to help them grow strong and healthy. Ronzoni Smart Taste is an excellent source of fiber and an excellent source of the bone-building nutrients calcium and vitamin D. Plus, Ronzoni Smart Taste looks, cooks and tastes like regular white pasta. It’s a smart way for your family to get more nutrition from every pasta meal.

* Ronzini Smart Taste Extra Wide Noodle Style Pasta :Ronzini Smart Taste Extra Wide Noodle Style Pasta
* Cholesterol and yolk free
* Excellent source of calcium, vitamin D and fiber
* Low fat
* Low sodium



Directions:
Instructions: Cooking directions: bring water to a rapid boil. To add flavor and reduce stickiness, add salt. Add pasta and stir; return to rapid boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Serve as directed. Perfect pasta guide: for 1 portion: 1/4 bag pasta, 2 quarts water & 1 tsp. Salt; 2 portions: 1/2 bag pasta, 3 quarts water & 2 tsp. Salt; 4 portions: full bag of pasta, 5 quarts water & 1 tbsp. Salt. For very firm pasta cook 5 minutes. For firm pasta cook 6 minutes. For tender pasta cook 7 minutes. Maintaining perfect pasta: to keep cooked pasta fresh for later use, toss with a small amount of olive oil or sauce, and refrigerate

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 56 G
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 180.0
Calories From Fat 5
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.5 G 1
Saturated Fat 0 G 0
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg 0
Sodium 25 Mg 1
Total Carbohydrate 39 G 13
Dietary Fiber 5 G 20
Sugars 1 G
Protein 7 G

https://www.ronzoni.com/en-us/products/categories/2095/Ronzoni%C2%AESmartTaste%C2%AE.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment