Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wild Ground Boar Cheese Burger w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Wild Ground Boar Cheese Burger w/ Baked Fries







In the low 50's this morning, with a passing shower! For Breakfast I heated up the leftover Diced
Potato and Ham Skillet made of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham. After Breakfast cleaned the house, running the vacuum and dusting. Then I had to repot a couple of house plants we have. We had rain on and off and a high in the mid 60's. Got the cart out in between showers for a short ride. Not much else going on today. For Dinner a new one, Ground Wild Boar! I prepared a Wild Ground Boar Cheese Burger w/ Baked Fries.







Well I finally got around to trying the SayersBrook Bison Ranch Wild Ground Boar! Rummaging around the freezer last night I seen the package of Ground Boar and knew there is Wednesday's Dinner! I let the Boar thaw overnight in the fridge.









To prepare it I'll be frying it. I used a Cast Iron Skillet that I lightly sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Light Olive Oil. Preheated it on medium low heat. The Ground Boar comes in a 1 lb. package. So I made  3 - 1/3 lb patties out of it. Mom and Dad wouldn't try it so I packaged up the other 2 Patties. To start I formed my Patties then seasoned the Burger with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Dried Thyme, a pinch of Dried Sage, and A-1 Hearty and Thick Sauce (for a topping).



Like Buffalo, you want to cook Wild Boar nice and slow and cooked not over medium. I'm cooking
mine to medium rare. So with Burger made and seasoned I added it to the preheated skillet. After 4 minutes I flipped the Burger and continued cooking 4 1/2 minutes. With a minute of cooking time left I added a slice of Kraft Sharp Cheddar. I served the Burger on a Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Bun. I also topped it with the A-1 Sauce. The Burger came out a perfect medium rare! As the Wild Boar description said it tasted slightly sweet and nutty. Moist and juicy, just an overall excellent Burger! The Cheese worked well with it.





To go with my Burger I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 18 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.









SayersBrook Bison Ranch -  Ground Boar

We now offer our wild boar ground meat in 1 lb. packages. Taste this delicious and healthy meat. It's
the wild version of "the other white meat", replacing traditional ground pork with ground wild boar can greatly increase the flavor of almost any dish. Wild Boar meat tastes slightly sweet and nutty due to its diet of foraged nuts and other foods from the forest. It is a hardy animal not prone to illness. Our wild boar is all natural with no added hormones, no antibitiotcs, no steroids, and no additives of any kind.

Wild boar meat has a strong, nutty, rich flavor that is unique and often not comparable to other meats.The meat is not gamey tasting, it's meat is darker in color with a distinct, with a flavorful taste. It is not prone to illness or disease.

What's the Difference Between Wild Boar and Pig?

It comes down to diet and exercise. Farm raised pigs are fed a homogeneous diet compared to that of wild boars which will give a more complex, deeper flavor. Wild boars are far more physically active than their farm raised counterparts which will alter their muscle/fat composition. Wild Boar are not kept in enclosures as are pigs. They are free to roam and forage for their food.

Although you may expect it to resemble pork, wild boar is a dark red meat. Unlike its domestic cousin, wild boar is also very lean and low in cholesterol. Wild boar is an excellent alternative to beef and pork for those who want food that is good for them without sacrificing taste and quality.

Wild Boar high in protein. They are a good source of monounsaturated fats and zinc.

Rich in Iron
Low in Sodium
Rich in Niacine
Rich in Selenium.
Rich in Thiamine
Rich in Vitamine B6
Rich in Zinc

http://www.sayersbrook.com/ground-boar-1lb/

No comments:

Post a Comment