Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Spaghetti O's w/ Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage

Dinner Tonight: Spaghetti O's w/ Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage






A perfect Fall Day outside today, sunny and about 70 degrees! Started the morning of with Turkey Goetta, an Egg (Sunny Side Up)  , Whole Grain Toast, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Did a load of laundry and got the cart out and spent most of the afternoon outside enjoying this weather! When I was riding around the neighborhood I noticed there was quite a few trees that their leaves were turning color, tis the season! For dinner I prepared something I had not had in years, Spaghetti - O's! I prepared Spaghetti O's w/ Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage.








While at the store the other day I was going down the rows of products and I spotted Spaghetti O's! I had not had any Spaghetti O's in at least 10 years or more, that I can remember. So I bought a couple of cans and decided to have one of them tonight. I wanted to make a full meal out of them so I kicked them up a bit adding Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage. I opened the can up and added them to a small sauce pan and heated them up on medium heat till they started to boil and reduced the heat to low and put a lid on the pan and let them simmer while I prepared the Smoked Turkey Sausage.








I used Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage. I took one of the Sausages and cut it in to bite size pieces. Using a medium size skillet, I sprayed it with Pam cooking Spray, added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and heated it on medium. When the skillet was heated up I added the Turkey Sausage pieces. I cooked them about 12 minutes, stirring them frequently. When they were done I added them to the Spaghetti O's in the sauce pan. Stirred till well mixed and served. Even after all these years the Sauce in the Spaghetti O's is still delicious! Nothing fancy or hard to prepare tonight, but still one good meal! For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Dark Chocolate Mousse.









Spaghetti O's

Campbell's SpaghettiOs Original is a healthy and delicious meal you can feel good about feeding to your family. This pasta dish features tender O-shaped pasta rings in a mild tomato and cheese sauce. Each serving provides six essential vitamins and minerals along with three grams of fiber. This low-fat Campbell's pasta also provides one full serving of vegetables. Simply heat and serve for an easy and nutritious meal that tastes great.

Campbell's SpaghettiOs Original
The Little O-Shaped Pasta in a Tasty Tomato Sauce That Kids Love. Also Provides: Vitamin A, Iron, and Four B Vitamins
With 6 Essential Vitamins & Minerals
Full Serving of Veggies & Grains
No MSG


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 7.25 Oz
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 G 2
Saturated Fat 0.5 G
3
Trans Fat 0 G
Monounsaturated Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 5 Mg 2
Sodium 480 Mg 20
Potassium 380 Mg 11
Total Carbohydrate 31 G 10
Dietary Fiber 3 G
12
Sugars 9 G
Protein 5 G

No comments:

Post a Comment