Saturday, September 6, 2014

Baked Cold Cut Trio Mini Sub w/ Creamy Tomato Soup

Dinner Tonight: Baked Cold Cut Trio Mini Sub w/ Creamy Tomato Soup








It's been a long day! Dealing with my Sinuses all day, as has everyone in the area I hear. Mom had some errands and the went to see Dad at the rehab center and I stayed home and caught up on all the house work and laundry. It's a real pain trying to put sheets on the bed with one leg, Ugh! But I managed to get everything done. For dinner tonight I prepared a Baked Cold Cut Trio Mini Sub w/ Creamy Tomato Soup.








I used a Trio of Cold Cuts for my Baked Mini Sub; Kroger Private Selection Old World Hard Salami, Kroger Private Selection Off – the Bone Smokehouse Ham, and Kroger Private Selection Old World Pepperoni. For toppings Sargento's Ultra Thin Provolone Cheese and Kraft Reduced fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil. For the Bun I used Perfection Deli Mini Wheat Sub Buns, I buy these at Meijer. To prepare it I spread the Mayo on the bottom bun and layered my Cold Cuts on top of that. Topped that with Cheese and spread more Mayo on the bottom of the top bun. To help the bun brown a bit I brushed the top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I had already preheated the oven to 400 degrees, I then laid the Sub on a small baking sheet and baked it for about 12 minutes. Took it out and the Sub was a light golden brown and the Cheese was nice and melted. Now tis is a Baked Sub! The trio of Cold Cuts, Provolone Cheese, and the Mayo all work perfectly!







Then I also heated up some Amy’s Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. My favorite Tomato Soup by far. I’ve been using this a couple of years now. Creamy with a fantastic flavor and it’s 110 calories and 19 carbs. I also had a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert/snack later some slices of fresh Mozzarella Cheese and Ritz Whole Grain Crackers.












Amy’s Organic Light in Sodium – Cream of Tomato Soup

Responding to customer requests, our chefs have created a line of Light in Sodium soups with all the flavor and goodness of our regular soups, but containing 50% less sodium. Contains 340 mg of sodium compared to 690 mg in Amy’s regular cream of tomato soup. No GMOs – No bioengineered ingredients. All dairy ingredients are made with pasteurized, rBST hormone free milk. USDA organic. Certified organic by QAI. Ready serve. Gluten free. This Cream of Tomato Soup is made from organic sun-ripened tomatoes slowly simmered to bring out their natural sweetness. Amy’s dad says it’s the best reduced sodium tomato soup he’s ever eaten. We’re sure that you’ll agree.

Contains 340mg of sodium compared to 690mg in Amy’s regular Cream of Tomato soup.

Ingredients : 0g Trans Fat/No Added MSG/No Preservatives Organic tomato puree, filtered water, organic cream, organic evaporated cane juice, organic onions, sea salt, organic black pepper. Contains milk.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings Per Container: ~ 2
Serving Weight: 1 cup
Product UPC: 0-42272-00581-9
Calories: 110 Calories from Fat: 25
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 340mg
Carbohydrates: 19g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 13g
Protein: 3g
Organic: 10%
Vitamin A: 20% • Vitamin C: 15%
Calcium: 4% • Iron: 10%



http://www.amys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment