Sunday, September 7, 2014

“Not So Sloppy” Buffalo Joe w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: “Not so Sloppy” Buffalo Joe w/ Baked Fries







Another one of those long days around here today. i made me and Mom Breakfast and then I had to go the store for a few items and back home, here is where it starts to wrong! Mom had left to go to Church and then to see Dad at rehab center. So I unloaded the groceries and put them away and went in the spare room and did my daily exercises. Went back to my Hoveround and the tire was flat! So I got my walker and was going for the phone to call my neighbor to give me a hand to change the tire, and I tripped and fell. Banged my head pretty good on the wall and slightly twisted my knee. Finally managed to call my neighbor and he came over to change the tire, luckily I had a couple of older tires that were still usable. The knee aches a bit but everything back to normal. For dinner tonight I prepared “Not So Sloppy” Buffalo Joe w/ Baked Fries.








It’s been a while since it's been Sloppy Joe Night, too long! It’s a delicious and a super easy meal to prepare. To make the Sloppy Joe I used Wild Idea Buffalo - Premium Ground Buffalo  (my favorite meat), 1 jar of Hormel Not So Sloppy Joe Sauce, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Buns.Using a large skillet to brown the Bison in, I seasoned it with Morton’s Salt Substitute, Ground Black Pepper, and Roasted Ground Cumin. After the Bison was browned and no longer pink I added the jar of Not So Sloppy Joe Sauce stirring and making sure the Sauce and Bison were well mixed. Simmer until it’s heated throughout, and serve. I love using Not So Sloppy Joe Sauce!  It’s a good thick sauce well seasoned with Spices, Onions, Green Peppers among other ingredients (70 calories and 15 carbs per serving). Buffalo makes a great Sloppy Joe Sandwich. I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun with a side of Ore Ida Simply Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style Fries. Plenty of leftovers for Sandwiches for lunch. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl frozen Greek Yogurt.








Wild Idea Buffalo - 1 lb. Premium Ground Buffalo
A must have for many healthy, meaty meals. We grind our finest roasts and steaks to bring you the most delicious ground buffalo on the planet. User friendly and very versatile, our 100% grass-fed, ground buffalo is packed with protein and naturally low in fat and calories. Did we mention, it's delicious!  Average 95% lean. 1 lb. Package.


http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/ground-buffalo/products/1-lb-ground-buffalo








Hormel Not So Sloppy Joe Sauce

Richer and Thicker and Far From Ordinary

Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce is as distinctive as its name. Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce has a hint of barbecue flavor and is richer and thicker than other sloppy joe sauces.

Since its beginning in 1985, there’s been one very graphic way to show the thick and rich texture of Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce: the “drip test.” When you hold up a sloppy joe made with Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce, there are no drips. It’s that rich and thick.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
Amount per Serving
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 4.5

Total Fat 0.5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 810mg
Total Carbohydrate 15g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 10g
Protein 1g


http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/notSoSloppyJoe/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment