Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fried Catfish w/ Herbed Red Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked Harvest Grain Bread

Today's Menu: Fried Catfish w/ Herbed Red Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked Harvest Grain Bread







Went out and got the morning papers this morning and it was a bit warmer than its been in the mornings. We got rain coming in sometime late Sunday, first time in a while. Got the Sandwich Maker out and made a Breakfast Sandwich to start the day along with a cup of hot Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Caught up on housework and a couple of loads of laundry for Mom. Watched College Football for the rest of the afternoon. For dinner tonight it's Fried Catfish w/ Herbed Red Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked Harvest Grain Bread.








They had Catfish Fillets on sale at Kroger and it been quite sometime since I had Catfish so I picked up a Fillet. I started by rinsing it in cold water and patting dry with a paper towel. Cut the Fillet down the middle to make two smaller Fillets. Seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then took a couple of tablespoons of Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri Mix and rolled the Fillets in it, making sure all sides were covered with the mix. Using a medium size skillet I pan fried the Fillets, in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 3 minutes per side. The Fillets came out a beautiful golden brown and just flat out delicious. The Zatarain's Mix just takes any Fish up a couple of notches on the flavor scale!








For one side I had some small Gourmet Potatoes left in a bag so I prepared some Herbed Red Potatoes. Washed the Potatoes off and dried, then cut them in half. Seasoned them with Sea salt, Pepper, Ground Smoked Cumin, Parsley , Dried Rosemary, and Dried Thyme. Then using a Cast Iron Skillet, my favorite cookware, I cooked them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil over Medium heat for about 5 minutes and finished them off in the oven for about 10 minutes. I had preheated the oven on 400 degrees and as I my Potatoes were finishing I also baked the Kroger Bakery Harvest Grain Loaf Bread. Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. A delicious Southern Style Dinner tonight. For dessert later I'll be making a Hot-Fudge Sundae! I used Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and topped it with Smucker's Sugar Free Hot Fudge Topping and some Chopped Walnuts.









Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri

The secret of authentic Southern style fried fish is the crispy combination of cornmeal, corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 60

Calories from Fat: 0

Total Fat: 0g 0%

Saturated Fat: 0g 0%

Cholesterol: 0mg 0%

Sodium: 630mg 26%

Total Carb: 12g 4%

Dietary Fiber: 0 0%

Sugar: 0g

Protein: 1g

Vitamin A: 2%



http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Crispy-Southern-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment