Friday, September 5, 2014

Cajun Rainbow Trout w/ Hash Browns and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cajun Rainbow Trout w/ Hash Browns and Green Beans







Had the three H's going today for our weather, Hot - Hazy - Humid. Mom picked Dad up this morning at the rehab center and brought him home for the day. We had to take him back about 4:00 though. He's still not ready to come back home, still really weak. Went to the Kroger up the road for Mom and over in the produce they were just putting out my favorite Apple, the Honey Crisp Apple! Love these Apples, flavor packed and a good crisp Apple. They have been out of season for a while now and been buying Fuji Apples, good but nearly the size of the Honey Crisp. For dinner tonight I prepared Cajun Rainbow Trout w/ Hash Browns and Green Beans.







While at Kroger the day before I noticed they had some beautiful Rainbow Trout Fillets, I knew I my dinner! First time I've tried it Cajun and I love Cajun so why not Cajun Rainbow Trout. To prepare it all I'll need is; 1 Rainbow Trout Fillet, 1 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning, and 2 Teaspoons chopped Parsley Flakes. To prepare it I preheated the broiler. Patted the fillets dry and lightly brush both sides with oil. Sprinkled  both sides evenly with Cajun seasoning. Placed skin side down on broiler rack and broil 4-6 inches from heat for 4-5 minutes or until the Trout flakes easily when I tested it with a fork. You can add a Lemon Wedge with it if you like. Excellent recipe, you have the fresh taste of the Trout along with all the flavor from the Cajun Seasoning! An easy Keeper Recipe.








Then for one side I prepared some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. Fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, and Parsley. I also heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment