Thursday, September 18, 2014

Shrimp and Andouille Sausage w/ Grandma Maud's Premium Black Beans and Rice

Today's Menu: (Leftovers) Shrimp and Andouille Sausage w/ Grandma Maud's Premium Black Beans and Rice






A beautiful crisp and sunny Fall morning and day here today! Spent the morning at the hospital to be with the family of my best friend. He underwent a Vascular Aneurysm surgery. A very risky surgery but he came through it in flying colors!! In fact the surgeon said it was perhaps the smoothest surgery of that type he ever did. So glad he's like a brother to me. Came home and did a load of laundry and relaxed then. For dinner tonight it was leftover city for me! I reheated the Shrimp and Andouille Sausage w/ Grandma Maud's Premium Black Beans and Rice.



It was a long morning at the hospital so thank goodness I some delicious leftover Shrimp and Andouille Sausage w/ Grandma Maud's Premium Black Beans and Rice to reheat. I just put the leftovers in a sauce pan and reheated it on medium low. I left the original post below on how to make this dish.








 Shrimp, Andouille Sausage, and Red Beans and Rice - You know it has to be one of those lip smacking delicious dishes! I had a bag of Grandma Maud's Premium Black Beans and Rice Bean Meal in the pantry and as I was looking around for something for dinner that just sounded right! I also used a bag of Kroger Jumbo Shrimp and Johnsonville Andouille Sausage. I started by slicing the Andouille Sausage into 1" slices. Then in a medium skillet I cooked the Sausage till it was browned on both sides and sat aside till a bit later. As my Sausage was getting done I boiled some water for my Shrimp. I didn't boil the Shrimp until it was time to add to the Black Beans and Rice.









To prepare the Black Beans and Rice just boil your water, add your mix, boil and simmer for about 30 minutes and your done, stirring often. After 20 minutes of cook time I added the Andouille Sausage, then after 25 minutes of cook time I added my Shrimp. Oh the aroma, that alone makes your mouth water! To serve it I used a bowl, sprinkled some Cilantro on it and a few shakes of the Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Then Enjoy! So, So, Good. I love the Grandma Products, so easily prepared and just flat-out delicious. Not to mention the addition of the Shrimp and Sausage. For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Dark Chocolate Pudding.









Grandma Maud's Premium Black Beans and Rice Bean Meal


Grandma Maud's Premium Bean Meals are loaded with wholesome flavors to serve as entrees or side dishes. These premium delicacies replicate the flavor profile of "it's been cooked on the stove all day" dishes in minutes. Beans are a miracle food containing lots of protein which makes it one of nature's perfect sources of strength, stamina and health. What we did was give you that perfect source of protein in a short time while keeping a delicious flavor with one of the lowest sodium counts for a product of this kind and without adding meat. Our Black Bean and Rice has the lowest sodium count for products of its kind and it's still delicious!


Ingredients:
Precooked Dehydrated Black Beans, Precooked Long Grain Enriched Rice (Rice, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine and Folic Acid), Maltodextrin, Dehydrated Onion, Sugar, Dehydrated Potato Flakes, Salt, Less than 2% of Modified Food Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Spices, Hydrolyzed Soy and Corn Protein, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Natural Flavor, Natural Smoke Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Caramel Color, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 0.25 cup
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 480mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 19g 6%
Dietary Fiber 4g 15%
Sugars 3g
Protein 5g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 4%
Iron 6%

No comments:

Post a Comment