Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Seasoned Haddock w/ Mac & Cheese and Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Mac & Cheese and Baked Potato






Had an early Breakfast and went to the hospital to see my Dad. Looking a lot better and stronger, he should be released sometime this week. Came back home and caught up on laundry and did some house cleaning. Another beautiful day out but wasn't outside to enjoy a lot of it. For dinner tonight I prepared, Seasoned Haddock w/ Mac & Cheese and Baked Potato.






I had the fillet of Haddock in the freezer so I let it thaw overnight in the fridge. To prepare it I rinsed the fillet in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Then sliced the fillet into smaller pieces. I then seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Canola Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. It’s a meaty delicious and mild tasting fish. I think I could eat Seafood everyday!







For one side I tried a new Stouffer Frozen Food item, Stouffer's Classic Mac & Cheese Mac Cups. Frozen individual Mac Cups, just microwave and serve. Finally a great tasting Mac and Cheese in a single serving cup! Tastes great, excellent Cheesy Mac. Then I also had a small Baked Potato that I seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. Quite a dinner, have I said how much I love Seafood! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Vanilla Bean Frozen Greek Yogurt.







Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

The secret of authentic Southern Style fried fish is the crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.


Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.

Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 1140mg 48%
Total Carb: 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%
Sugar: 0g


http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx





Stouffer's Classic Mac & Cheese Mac Cups

Freshly made pasta with 100% real cheddar cheese sauce

Stouffer's Classic Mac & Cheese Mac Cups are just the right size of delicious Stouffer's Mac & Cheese.

Stouffer's Classic Mac & Cheese Mac Cups:
* 100% real cheddar cheese
* No preservatives
* Stouffer's in a cup

No comments:

Post a Comment