Friday, August 22, 2014

Surf and Swamp w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Surf (Shrimp) and Swamp (Gator Nuggets) w/ Baked Potato








No Phantom Pains overnight, and one good nights sleep! Started my day off with some of the Jennie - O Turkey Bacon, free samples Jennie - O sent me for the Switch Club. I had Turkey Bacon, Poached Egg, Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, and a cup of Bigelow Green Decaf Tea. Went to see my Dad after Breakfast, he wasn't feeling too good today. They'll keep Dad in rehab for at least 3 weeks I'd say. For dinner tonight I prepared a Surf (Shrimp) and Swamp (Gator Nuggets) w/ Baked Potato dinner!








For the Surf part of my dinner I used Kroger Brand Jumbo Shrimp. I had the bag in the freezer so I laid it in the fridge overnight to thaw. I made Cajun Shrimp and to prepare it all I need is; 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined), 2 teaspoons Zatarain's Creole Seasoning, and 2 tablespoons Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. Then to prepare it I coated shrimp with the Seasoning. Melted the Butter in large skillet on medium heat. Added my shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. I love Shrimp and I love to prepare them this way! The Butter and Creole Seasoning pair together to give the Shrimp an incredible taste.







For the Swamp part of the meal I used Country Boy Gator – Alligator Tail Meat that I purchased online from Cajun Grocer. They have a great selection of anything Cajun you could want. I pan fried the Nuggets to Golden Brown, about a total of 8 minutes. Love the Gator Meat, as they say”It tastes like Chicken!”. It really does but it’s a tad sweeter than Chicken Meat. I served it with the absolutely best tasting Remoulade Sauce I have ever tasted, Louisiana Fish Fry Products Remoulade Dressing. Man oh man this stuff is incredible. It has that hint of Horseradish and just a tad of heat. Perfect for any Cajun Seafood or Fish Dish. I also had a Baked Potato to complete the meal along with an Ice-Cold Bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. For dessert later a Jello Sugar free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.









Alligator Nuggets – BREADED

Our farm raised alligator nuggets (a.k.a. alligator bites) are breaded or pre battered. Best prepared by deep frying. Enjoy

Country Boy Gator – Alligator Tail Meat 5 lbs
by Riceland Crawfish

http://www.cajungrocer.com/alligator-nuggets-breaded-1998.html




Cajun Grocer


Over 1,000 Authentic Cajun Food Products!
Here at Cajun Grocer we carry over 1,000 Authentic Cajun and Creole Food Products including Fresh Cajun Boudin, delicious Mardi Gras King Cakes, select Crawfish, and of course our world famous award winning Turducken - voted best Turducken by The Wall Street Journal. So enjoy your visit here at Cajun Grocer, where the food is fresh and the people are friendly.


Cajun Food

Most people think of Cajun food as being extremely spicy, blackened foods. This couldn't be further from the truth. True Cajun style cooking utilizes fresh, quality ingredients paired to create complementary flavors without the need for lots of seasoning. Additionally, Cajun food should never be overcooked. However, some dishes should be thoroughly cooked, allowing the flavors to meld together over time.

If you want the freshest authentic Cajun food available, you're going to want to start from scratch with the freshest ingredients. Our fresh Cajun food products are shipped from Louisiana in a custom-printed cooler packed with dry ice to ensure freshness when they arrive at your door.
Whether it's standard Cajun delights like gulf shrimp, fresh sausage, gumbos or stuffed breads, or more adventurous dishes like alligator, jambalaya, boudin, crawfish etouffee and live crawfish, you won't be disappointed in the quality of our fresh food products. All of our fresh Cajun food products are shipped in dry ice for the freshest delivery possible.


http://www.cajungrocer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment