Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chili and Cheese Nachos!

Dinner Tonight: Chili and Cheese Nachos




Today was our Community Annual Yard Sale, Fred Stanford would have a field day today around here! Taking a tour of the Park it looks as though neighbors bought their neighbor's junk from last year and now are reselling it this year. Only in the eye of the beholder! It was little hotter out and bit more humid out today, nothing too bad though. Really didn't want a big meal tonight so I went with a family favorite, Chili and Cheese Nachos!




I used Tostitos Multi Grain Scoops for my Chips. I love these with Salsa or just as snack by their selves, they bake and hold their shape real good. For my toppings I used 1 can of Mario Sliced Black Olives. Before I go any further a bit about these Olives, anyone that uses small cans of Sliced Black Olives know what a pain they can be opening sometimes. Not these, they come in a can with a pull tab! About time. For my other toppings I used some Sliced Green Olives, Mezzetta Deli Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans, a few shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and Sargento Reduced Fat Mozzarella and some fresh grated Murray's Dutch Gouda.




To prepare I preheat the oven at 400 degrees and sprayed a glass baking dish with Pam and layer everything in. I start with a couple of tablespoons of Chili then I add my Scoops (Chips). I then add the Sliced Black Olives, the Chili, Sliced Jalapeno Peppers (Love These), and then top everything the Cheese Blend. Then just pop it in the oven 10 minutes or so until the Cheese had started to melt and everything heated. For the Chili I warm it up in a sauce pan, adding a few shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, before I top the Scoops with it. Nothing better than a big plate of Chili Cheese Nachos! Also had an ice-cold Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Yogurt.




Hormel: Turkey w/Beans 98% Fat Free Chili



Turkey with beans 98% fat-free favorites: Hormel chili in a layered dip! Hormel chili in a rice CASSEROLE!

* Since 1891
* NO preservatives



Directions:

Stove top: empty chili into saucepan. Stir occasionally while heating over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until hot. Microwave: empty chili into microwaveable bowl; cover loosely. Heat for 2 To 3 minutes or until hot, stirring once. Careful. Let chili stand in microwave 1 minute and stir before serving. All microwaves And stoves vary. Times given are approximate.



Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup (247 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 210
Calories from Fat 27
Total Fat 3.0g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 1250mg 52%
Carbohydrates 28.0g 9%
Dietary Fiber 6.0g 24%
Sugars 6.0g
Protein 17.0g

No comments:

Post a Comment