Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cast Iron Skillet Blackened Sea Scallops w/ Four Color Potato Medley, Green Beans & Sugar Snap Peas

Dinner Tonight: Cast Iron Skillet Blackened Sea Scallops w/ Four Color Potato Medley, Green Beans & Sugar Snap Peas







Whew, another hot and humid day out there again! Went to the bank early this morning and then to go see Dad at the rehab center, He's doing better and getting stronger! Came home and caught up on some housework. For dinner tonight, just cooking for myself again, I prepared Cast Iron Skillet Blackened Sea Scallops w/ Four Color Potato Medley, Green Beans & Sugar Snap Peas.





I used Kroger Seafood Sea Scallops, they had them on sale when I was at Kroger yesterday morning. I took a Cast Iron Skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, also added 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 table spoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. Heated it up on medium high. Then I washed the Scallops in cold water and patted them dry with a paper towel. I'll be using Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning. In a small microwavable bowl I melted  a tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then dipped the Scallops in the Butter one at a time, just buttering the tops and bottoms of the Scallop. Then I took about 2 tablespoons of the Blackened Seasoning and put it in a small bowl, and took the Scallops one at a time and pressed the top and bottom of each Scallop into the Seasoning. I had my skillet already heated up, added the Scallops and cooked each Scallop 3 minutes per side. As the Scallops were cooking I cut a Lemon in half and squirted a little Lemon Juice across the tops of them. They turned out delicious! The freshness of the Scallops, the butter, Lemon,  and Zatarain's  Blackened Seasoning gave them an incredible flavor.






For a side to go with the Scallops I tried something new. While at Kroger yesterday I was looking for something different and came across a bag of Kroger Private Selection Sweet and Savory Four Color Potato Medley, Green Beans & Sugar Snap Peas. They come frozen and you can prepare them 3 different ways; Microwave them in the bag they come in, pan fry, or bake them. I baked mine, and they came out perfect! Nice variety of the Vegetables and well seasoned. I've found a new and delicious side dish! For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Vanilla Bean Low Carb Ice Cream topped with some fresh sliced Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment