Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Marinated Pork Chops w/ Asparagus Bits & Diced New Potatoes,...

Dinner Tonight: Marinated Pork Chops w/ Asparagus Bits & Diced New Potatoes, Buttered Corn, and Whole Grain Bread



Another gorgeous day out there again around here! My parents spent the day painting the trim on our wooden deck outside and I prepared the dinner inside. I marinated some Bone - In Center Cut Pork Chops for about 3 hours in JB's Fatboy Haugwaush Bar B Cue Sauce. I love all the different Sauces and Rubs that JB's have. All have a fantastic flavor. After I marinated the Chops I shook off the excess Sauce and seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then fried them, I prefer baking them but my parents prefer frying, in Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat. After turning the Chops I then added Minute Maid Apple Juice to the pan and finished frying them until they were done, Chops were at 165 degrees. Between the BBQ Sauce and the added Apple Juice the Chops come out moist and tender bursting with flavor!

I prepared 2 sides Margaret Holmes Buttered Corn and a new dish that I hadn't prepared before Asparagus Bits & Diced New Potatoes. I took fresh Asparagus Stalks and trimmed the bottom of the stalks off and then cut the spears into 3 pieces and set them aside. I then took small New Potatoes and diced them up. I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, Black Peppercorn, Dill, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then I fried the diced Potatoes in a large skillet that I presprayed with Pam w/ Olive Oil on medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring them often. After about 7 minutes I added the Asparagus Bits to Potatoes and I then seasoned the pan with Garlic Salt. I stirred the pan often until the Asparagus and Potatoes were done making sure not to getting the Asparagus over done and too soft. Also right before the pan was done I added Turkey Bacon Crumbles and mixed them in. The dish was a smash! Everyone really enjoyed it, the Asparagus and Potatoes make a great pairing. We also had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment