Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fried Crappie w/ Roasted Red Potatoes, Cut Asparagus, and ...

Dinner Tonight: Fried Crappie w/  Roasted Red Potatoes, Cut Asparagus, and Whole Grain Bread



It's a sad day as I'm using the last bag of Crappie I had in the freezer. I love Crappie from the fresh taste to the way they fry up. I seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then rolled the fillet in a Whole Wheat Flour and Italian Bread Crumb Mix. I lightly fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 3 minutes per side. As usual they fry up to a golden brown and absolutely delicious!

For sides I made some Roasted Red Potatoes, Green Giant Cut Asparagus, and Whole Grain Bread. I've left the Roasted Red Potato Recipe at the end of the post. If you like potatoes you'll love this recipe. With the combination of the Turkey Bacon added to the potatoes, too good! I used Green Giant Cut Asparagus, just warm and serve. I also had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Dole Mango Slices. 

Roasted Red Potatoes

Ingredients:

Small Gourmet Red Potatoes
Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn

Directions:

*HEAT oven to 400ºF. Cook Turkey Bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.

*ADD potatoes to reserved drippings; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon. Add to potatoes; mix lightly. Spoon into 13×9-inch baking dish.

*BAKE 20-30 min. or until potatoes are tender and done. Top with cheese and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment