Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grilled Sirloin Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes & Brown Gravy, Kicked Up Chili Beans, and...

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Sirloin Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes & Brown Gravy, Kicked Up Chili Beans, and Harvest Grain Bread



I found some Sirloin Steaks hiding out in back of the freezer this morning and I knew I had found my dinner! I normally have Bison Sirloin but I'll go with the Beef this time. I seasoned it with Sea Salt and ground Black Pepper. I grilled it on medium high for about 4 minutes per side, medium rare. Grill marks, pink in the center, and juicy one tasty steak!

I had 2 sides Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Kicked Up Chili Beans. The Potatoes were Idahoan Homestyle Mashed Potatoes that I topped with some of the Heinz Beef Gravy. For the Beans I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon Bits, Splenda Brown Sugar, and a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I left the recipe at the end of the post. I also had a slice of Meijer Bakery Harvest Grain Bread. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Fudge Pop.


Kicked Up Chili Beans

Ingredients:

1 Can Spicy Chili Beans, Brand your choice. I use Joan of Arc
3 Pieces Crumbled Turkey Bacon. You can use Turkey or Turkey Bacon Crumbles
4 Shakes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, or to taste
1/2 Cup Jack Daniel’s Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar or to taste
1 Teaspoon Ground Mustard

Directions:

Empty can of Beans into a medium sauce pan
Add Turkey Crumbles, Brown Sugar, Ground Mustard, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Honey BBQ Sauce, stir and mix.
Heat until desired temperature, and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment