Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fried Panko Crusted Cod w/ Diced Rutabagas, Green Beans, and...

Today's Menu: Fried Panko Crusted Cod w/ Diced Rutabagas, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread



It had been a while since I had any Cod so while at Kroger the other day came across some nice looking fillets and I purchased 2 of them. I rinsed the fillets off and rolled them in Flour then dipping them into Egg Beater’s, shaking off the excess. Then rolling them in a Panko Bread Crumbs, Onion Powder, Lemon Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Paprika mix until covered on both sides of the fillets. I then lightly fried them about 4 minutes per side in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Golden brown and delicious! There’s going to be some tasty leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

For sides another first time one for me, Rutabagas. I had never tried them and found a can of Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas. The taste of the Rutabaga is similar to a Potato and the color of a Sweet Potato. I boiled them and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Black Pepper, and added I Can't Believe It's Not Butter which I added after it was done. I left the link and description at the end of the post for the Rutabagas. I've been purchasing a lot of Margaret Holmes products at our local Walmart lately. I really enjoy all the products I've tried. Fresh and easy to fix and wide variety! I also had a side of Green Beans and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert/snack later a new item I'm trying Dean's Heat 'n Eat Chunky Bean Dip along with Tostito's Whole Grain Scoops. 


Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas
Originally cultivated in Sweden where it grew wild, the Rutabaga was brought to the US in 1817. This flavorful root can be prepared in a variety of ways and is often an addition to greens and soups or by itself. Margaret Holmes Rutabagas are locally grown and cooked to perfection. Just heat-n-serve!

Serving Size 1/2 cup (120g)
Servings Per Container about 3.5
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup (120g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
Calories 35

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g     0%
      Saturated Fat 0g     0%
      Polyunsaturated Fat 0g    
      Monounsaturated Fat 0g    
      Trans Fat 0g    
Cholesterol 0mg     0%
Sodium 300mg     12%
Potassium 0mg    
Total Carbohydrate 6g     2%
      Dietary Fiber 2g     8%
      Sugars 4g    
      Other Carbohydrate 0g    
Protein 1g

http://www.margaretholmes.com/    

No comments:

Post a Comment